1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 20:39
    Inventor of the Big Mac dead at 98. I still remember the stupid jingle from the 70s, and now it's ringing through my head over and over again. My problem with the sandwich was always that it was too sweet! I think it was the "special sauce" which was basically a sugar-loaded thousand island.

"Michael James Delligatti invented the double-patty burger to boost his struggling McDonald’s franchise in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, in 1967. He had to get permission from McDonald’s HQ first, and that took some talking. By 1969, it was 19 percent of his business and, eventually, a big hunk of the fast food chain’s worldwide business. In the United States, a Big Mac is 540 calories, 28 grams of fat and 25 grams of protein—according to the company website."

http://www.inforum.com/news/4170245-two-all-beef-patties-special-sauce-rip-big-mac-creator-dies-98
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 01:34
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Inventor of the Big Mac dead at 98. I still remember the stupid jingle from the 70s, and now it's ringing through my head over and over again. My problem with the sandwich was always that it was too sweet! I think it was the "special sauce" which was basically a sugar-loaded thousand island.

"Michael James Delligatti invented the double-patty burger t ...[text shortened]... tp://www.inforum.com/news/4170245-two-all-beef-patties-special-sauce-rip-big-mac-creator-dies-98
    I prefer double quarter pounder with cheese and no pickles

But the sodas at McD's taste funny so I don't eat there much any more.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 01:43
    In-n-out double double with fried onion is much better.

When I was a kid big macs were the best but my dad liked to get the ten cent hamburgers when they ran that sale.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 01:44
    Originally posted by Eladar

When I was a kid big macs were the best but my dad liked to get the ten cent hamburgers when they ran that sale.
    Their French Fries are not very good
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 01:51
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Their French Fries are not very good
    Agreed.

They should slice the poatoes into hot water then dry them before deep frying.

Looks cool watching the potato fall into the hot oil.

I like the drinks.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 03:00
    A single Big Mac has 540 calories. Combined with the fact that people order fries and a soda along with a Big Mac, that's quite a lot.
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 07:341 edit
    How about buy ribeye on sale for 3.99, 15 lb. chunk. My butcher grinds into burger. Or go to Utah or Co. and hunt and kill an elk or deer. Butcher slaughters it for me or I'll do it myself.. Or S.E U.S. Wild pig is plentiful. So are fish and gator duck, you name it. What the F you pansies going to do when the lights go out?
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 00:06
    Originally posted by Eladar

I love In n Out. Best fast food anywhere. Do one thing and do it well. In Rohnert Park they put a McDonalds out of business.

I don't even mind the religious messages on the bottom of the cups, nor that they pretentiously call their employees "associates." They pay pretty well.
  9. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 00:07
    Originally posted by vivify
    A single Big Mac has 540 calories. Combined with the fact that people order fries and a soda along with a Big Mac, that's quite a lot.
    They're loaded with sugar.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 00:37
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    How about buy ribeye on sale for 3.99, 15 lb. chunk. My butcher grinds into burger. Or go to Utah or Co. and hunt and kill an elk or deer. Butcher slaughters it for me or I'll do it myself.. Or S.E U.S. Wild pig is plentiful. So are fish and gator duck, you name it. What the F you pansies going to do when the lights go out?
    Come over your house😀

No, but seriously, your right, and it's much healthier. I love venison burgers, steak, slim jims, anything venison.
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 00:46
    Considering that human mass in Europe constitutes 95 percent of mammal flesh in Europe and not much lower in the US - if the lights go out wildlife will probably be snuffed out within days.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 06:45
    . What the F you pansies going to do when the lights go out?
    We will all live off the land with our bow and arrows.
    Wildlife will never run out, right?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 08:11
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Considering that human mass in Europe constitutes 95 percent of mammal flesh in Europe and not much lower in the US - if the lights go out wildlife will probably be snuffed out within days.
    Not even close to being true. Just cattle populations alone are about 20% of humans in EU and 30% in US. Considering that one cow is larger than your average EU resident and about the same as your average US resident, that makes your figure way off. And that's not even counting pigs.

http://beef2live.com/story-world-cattle-inventory-vs-human-population-country-0-111575
  14. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 09:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We will all live off the land with our bow and arrows.
    Wildlife will never run out, right?
    Maybe cross bows and guns and basic survival skills, firestarting, water purification etc. Can't wait for the weak to go see Darwin.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    The current McD site says 563, but close enough.

Truth be told, that's not a lot of calories if that's your whole meal (or, for example, with a diet soda). It's actually a lot less than many other popular fast food dishes, which often have well over 1,000 calories.
    http://www.today.com/id/38543000/ns/today-today_health/t/worst-fast-food-meals-nation/#.WFKgVfkrKUk

Even a big mac with a small fries (230 calories) is not terrible if that's really your meal. At about 800 calories, it's about 1/3 of the daily calorie budget for a standard healthy man.

The problem arises when people drink another 300 calories in empty soda calories or supersize the fries or add "dessert" in the form of a shake or apple pie.

We could eat fast food and still be healthy, we just have to eat it smartly and in sensible portions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree