1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 14:544 edits
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/john-boehner-to-resign-as-speaker-leave-house-129845772731.html

😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

Ding dong, one of the many witches in Washington are dead!!

I think its time both conservative and rabid leftist extremists join each other in celebration.

I guess that only leaves sh76 down in the dumps. :'(
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 15:032 edits
    I think the guilt of being one of the bought and paid for scum of the far-right got to him. If you watched the Pope's speech yesterday to congress, Boehner was fighting back tears through the whole speech. I thought he was going to lose it at the beginning of the speech as he actually did start crying. Boehner is the only one who the far-right had going for them. They will all be squashed soon now. At least Boehner has a heart. 🙂 And God says that is what we will be judged by. 😉😀
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 15:36
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I think the guilt of being one of the bought and paid for scum of the far-right got to him. If you watched the Pope's speech yesterday to congress, Boehner was fighting back tears through the whole speech. I thought he was going to lose it at the beginning of the speech as he actually did start crying. Boehner is the only one who the far-right had go ...[text shortened]... oon now. At least Boehner has a heart. 🙂 And God says that is what we will be judged by. 😉😀
    But historically Boehner cries if there is so much as a cloud in the sky.

Maybe he can run as a Dim.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 15:37
    Republican House Speaker John Boehner will step down from his post as the country’s No. 3 elected official and leave Congress effective October 30, an aide told Yahoo News on Friday. The bombshell announcement came a day after Boehner fulfilled his two-decade dream to one day host the pope at the Capitol.

The Ohio Republican’s decision was sure to touch off a divisive leadership fight among House Republicans, even as lawmakers hunt for a way to avoid a looming government shutdown. There was no obvious successor.

“He is proud of what this majority has accomplished and his speakership, but for the good of the Republican conference and the institution, he will resign the speakership and his seat in Congress, effective October 30,” the aide to Boehner said on condition of anonymity.

“The speaker believes putting members through prolonged leadership turmoil would do irreparable damage to the institution,” the aide said.

Boehner’s decision emerged one day after he hosted Pope Francis. The speaker, a lifelong Catholic, was visibly emotional throughout the visit, including the pontiff’s address to a joint meeting of the Senate and House of Representatives, a first.

“Speaker Boehner believes that the first job of any speaker is to protect this institution and, as we saw yesterday with the Holy Father, it is the one thing that unites and inspires us all,” the aide said.

“The speaker’s plan was to serve only through the end of last year,” the aide said. But former Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s shock reelection loss “changed that calculation.”

Almost from the start of his speakership in early 2011, Boehner faced an insurgency from Tea Party Republicans unafraid to shut the government down.

That prospect loomed large over his announcement because a phalanx of conservatives have demanded that 2016 spending legislation strip Planned Parenthood of funding. That would trigger a showdown with Democrats and the White House that could lock up the process, shutting down the government. Senior GOP leaders worry that the public would blame Republicans, potentially costing them the 2016 elections.

Sen. Ted Cruz, the Texas Republican who has sometimes stoked conservative anger in the House, said at the conservative Values Voters summit in Washington that the question of Boehner’s successor was up to the House.

But he quickly moved on to a lengthy critique of his speakership, blaming it for “volcanic” frustration among conservatives around the country.

Cruz, a contender for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, said he had “long called on Republican leadership to do something unusual, which is lead — to actually stand up and honor the commitments that we made to the American people.”

“We’ve had Republican majorities in both houses of Congress for coming up on a year now. And what on Earth have they done?” Cruz declared.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 15:40
    I think this quote from the article hits the nail on the head.

“Speaker Boehner believes that the first job of any speaker is to protect this institution and, as we saw yesterday with the Holy Father, it is the one thing that unites and inspires us all,” the aide said.

People are what matter, not institutions. Without people there would be no institutions.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 15:431 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    But historically Boehner cries if there is so much as a cloud in the sky.

Maybe he can run as a Dim.
    Boehner does cry a lot; however, that is usually after he has been heavily drinking. He looked fairly sober to me at the speech and did fine introducing the Pope to congress. Again, I think he is tried of pushing the narcissistic political agenda of the far-right that he knows is against God's will and he feels guilty about that. That's my opinion anyway. Many others have the same opinion also.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 17:00
    Boehner does cry a lot; however, that is usually after he has been heavily drinking. He looked fairly sober to me at the speech and did fine introducing the Pope to congress. Again, I think he is tried of pushing the narcissistic political agenda of the far-right that he knows is against God's will and he feels guilty about that. That's my opinion anyway. Many others have the same opinion also.
    We can only hope that anyone who believes in God and an afterlife based on one's actions during life will heed the Pope's words. It has been my personal experience that those who claim to be spiritual, agnostic or atheist tend to be more ethical, kind and compassionate than the theists I have encountered.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 17:11
    Boehner resigns and the Dow is up over 200 points!

Coincidence? 😛
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 17:17
    Maybe he was crying because he knew his days were numbered.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 18:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Maybe he was crying because he knew his days were numbered.
    All of our days are numbered! 😉
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 18:241 edit
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/john-boehner-to-resign-as-speaker-leave-house-129845772731.html

I think its time both conservative and rabid leftist extremists join each other in celebration.

Be careful what you celebrate Whodey. There is no guarantee the next speaker will be any better.😏
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 18:253 edits
    Originally posted by Phranny
    We can only hope that anyone who believes in God and an afterlife based on one's actions during life will heed the Pope's words. It has been my personal experience that those who claim to be spiritual, agnostic or atheist tend to be more ethical, kind and compassionate than the theists I have encountered.
    I agree. It is sad but true these days. I myself dislike most today who call themselves Christians . The fact is, most of them are NOT Christians. You know them by their fruit; or lack of I should say.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 18:37
    I think the guilt of being one of the bought and paid for scum of the far-right got to him. If you watched the Pope's speech yesterday to congress, Boehner was fighting back tears through the whole speech. I thought he was going to lose it at the beginning of the speech as he actually did start crying. Boehner is the only one who the far-right had go ...[text shortened]... oon now. At least Boehner has a heart. 🙂 And God says that is what we will be judged by. 😉😀
    Boehner's Catholic lol
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 18:431 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Boehner's Catholic lol
    Maybe, I do not know. Either way, It is clear he has respect for the Pope. It looks like he is Catholic.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/john-boehner-in-twilight/2015/09/25/124fc54a-6399-11e5-8e9e-dce8a2a2a679_story.html
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 22:20

Don't get too happy until you see who replaces the guy. If we just get another establishment type, who cares?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree