1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 04:44
    http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/301393-wikileaks-ecuador-cut-off-julian-assanges-internet

No more Wiki Leaks. The Ecuadorian government has pulled the plug.

Who is happy about this and who is upset?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 08:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/301393-wikileaks-ecuador-cut-off-julian-assanges-internet

No more Wiki Leaks. The Ecuadorian government has pulled the plug.

Who is happy about this and who is upset?
    It appears that Hillary must be upset, how they have the capacity to influence the Ecuadorian government I cannot say though and why the Ecuadorian government would give Assange asylum and then proceed to unplug him is equally baffling. Even more baffling is the idea that you can prevent Assange from accessing the net by cutting wifi? Did those noobs really think that it was going to be effective? It begs belief.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 12:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It appears that Hillary must be upset, how they have the capacity to influence the Ecuadorian government I cannot say though and why the Ecuadorian government would give Assange asylum and then proceed to unplug him is equally baffling. Even more baffling is the idea that you can prevent Assange from accessing the net by cutting wifi? Did those noobs really think that it was going to be effective? It begs belief.
    Assange is a caged animal. He can't leave the embassy. How is he going to get the rest of his e-mails out?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 13:06
    Is Assange a criminal? Are e-mails private property?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 14:091 edit
    Assange is a caged animal. He can't leave the embassy. How is he going to get the rest of his e-mails out?
    dude you can set up a mobile phone to be a wifi hub and heck you can even go wired! or the best is to hack your neighbours wifi and use that. Its takes literally minutes to crack wifi if you know what you are doing. People just use really weak passwords.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 14:17
    Is Assange a criminal? Are e-mails private property?
    the rhetoric is that the emails were stolen, Assange certainly did not steal them and I am not entirely sure if they are a kind of property? they will most certainly break privacy laws but it can be argued that GCHQ and others have being doing that for years, heck there was a ruling yesterday that their bulk collection of data for the past 17 years has been illegal and you know what? NOBODY CARES! I blame millennials, they are used to giving up their anonymity and privacy and think nothing of it on spy sites like A$$book.
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 16:46
    Pfft. He already went to plan B. and released more Podesta e-mails. And it was Kerry that did the dirty work saying Assage was interfering w/peace negotiations in Columbia. What a crock. So much for free speech.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 17:07
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    Pfft. He already went to plan B. and released more Podesta e-mails. And it was Kerry that did the dirty work saying Assage was interfering w/peace negotiations in Columbia. What a crock. So much for free speech.
    Are you forgetting just why Assange is holed up in an embassy? You may recall he is wanted for rape in Sweden. Of course the conspiracy theorists would just say that's just a ploy to shut him up.

It is of course easy to circumvent internet protocals. For instance, all it takes is a Wifi antenna with 20 db of gain to hack into anyone's wifi within a half mile. I could make one with metal coathangers. Besides, he probably already had a plan B if he was cut off.

Like having a buddy already with all the rest of his stuff, it's easy to get a thumb drive smuggled out, you can get a quarter terabyte ones now. Cutting off his net is not going to stop him.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 18:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you forgetting just why Assange is holed up in an embassy? You may recall he is wanted for rape in Sweden. Of course the conspiracy theorists would just say that's just a ploy to shut him up.

It is of course easy to circumvent internet protocals. For instance, all it takes is a Wifi antenna with 20 db of gain to hack into anyone's wifi within a half ...[text shortened]... gled out, you can get a quarter terabyte ones now. Cutting off his net is not going to stop him.
    Okay, MacGyver, whatever you say.
    You might be able to make an Internet detecting doohickey, but how are you going to break my unbreakable password:
    flatearthrocks1969

Good luck with that!
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 18:323 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Okay, MacGyver, whatever you say.
    You might be able to make an Internet detecting doohickey, but how are you going to break my unbreakable password:
    flatearthrocks1969

Good luck with that!
    That must have been the year you got programmed to believe in flatassness. But as for the antenna I am a ham, had my first license at 13 and have amateur extra now and believe me when I say you can easily make an antenna that can send and recieve wifi signals. I made one out of exactly what I said, coathanger wire when I was 14 and later another antenna out of coathanger wire and a broomstick, a 6 element yagi for recieving FM radio, it worked like a charm and it would work at wifi frequencies too, just a much smaller antenna.

I guess you figure you are the next George Carlin with your password joke eh.

Hint: Don't give up your day job. It is your biggest joke, believing in flatassness.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 19:18
    That must have been the year you got programmed to believe in flatassness. But as for the antenna I am a ham, had my first license at 13 and have amateur extra now and believe me when I say you can easily make an antenna that can send and recieve wifi signals. I made one out of exactly what I said, coathanger wire when I was 14 and later another antenna out ...[text shortened]... oke eh.

Hint: Don't give up your day job. It is your biggest joke, believing in flatassness.
    Ask you what time it is, you describe how to make a watch.
    Sheesh.

By and by...
    I believe 1969 was the year they faked the first moon landing, so, in a manner of speaking, that def was the beginning.
    Good looking out.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 19:35
    That must have been the year you got programmed to believe in flatassness. But as for the antenna I am a ham, had my first license at 13 and have amateur extra now and believe me when I say you can easily make an antenna that can send and recieve wifi signals. I made one out of exactly what I said, coathanger wire when I was 14 and later another antenna out ...[text shortened]... oke eh.

dude could you boost a wifi signal in a home if you made some kind of parabolic dish around the existing wifi antenna?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree