1. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    11 Oct '15 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I hear at the time of the shagging Cameron was arrested by the pigs and given a proper grilling .😲
    But their efforts were that ham fisted he trotted away without any fuss. 🙄
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '15 20:28
    Originally posted by kmax87
    But their efforts were that ham fisted he trotted away without any fuss. 🙄
    The pigs made to many rash dcisions😛
  3. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:50
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    This is technically true, although there was an interesting delay between the original statement that Cameron wasn't going to dignify the allegation with a response and the follow-up that he was now responding and he could categorically assure the world that he never inserted himself into any dead pig, never ever ever, not a bit of it.
    What's he supposed to do? If he makes no response, certain people will point to that as an indicator of guilt. "There's no smoke without fire" and similar balls. If he denies it, the same people will say "Well he would, wouldn't he?" (and similar balls).

The accusation was made in a book which was serialised in the Daily Mail. That fact alone could lead you to think that it is untrue. Also the book's author now admits that the story is very possibly false.

Personally I feel that the story is rubbish. Or, possibly, Hogwash - It has at least given rise to some humorous comments.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 10:58
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    What's he supposed to do? If he makes no response, certain people will point to that as an indicator of guilt. "There's no smoke without fire" and similar balls. If he denies it, the same people will say "Well he would, wouldn't he?" (and similar balls).

The accusation was made in a book which was serialised in the Daily Mail. That fact alone could lead ...[text shortened]... story is rubbish. Or, possibly, Hogwash - It has at least given rise to some humorous comments.
    We may have been sold a pig in a poke, but the story captures to perfection what we think of this self important buffoon, lifted into authority through his inherited privilige and wealth, educated so lavishly at the expense of his tax free family trust in the Cayman islands. He cannnot win not for the reasons you give but because he is a pig shagger.
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 11:01
    Originally posted by phil3000
    The pigs made to many rash dcisions😛
    They underestimated how deep his snout was buried in the trough, and had to leave him alone for fear of the mud that would splatter everyone if they shook him. 😵
  6. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 11:21
    Originally posted by finnegan
    We may have been sold a pig in a poke, but the story captures to perfection what we think of this self important buffoon, lifted into authority through his inherited privilige and wealth, educated so lavishly at the expense of his tax free family trust in the Cayman islands. He cannnot win not for the reasons you give but because he is a pig shagger.
    The 'story' is from a book by a Michael Ashcroft, who certainly has/had an 'axe to grind' with Cameron, feeling he was let down on promises made to him before the 2010 election.

It seems that DC a) wasn't a member of the 'society' and b) they didn't even have such an 'initiation ceremony'

As has been said, DC is ignoring it, as taking any action would merely 'fan the flames' of this none story.

I am no fan of Cameron or his party, but he does seem a tad maligned here.
  7. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 13:05
    Whatever piece of rubbish is published about whatever well-known person there will always be someone prepared to believe it. They consider themselves to be free thinkers with independent minds. In reality they are hopeless cynics who do little, if anything, to improve the world.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 16:29
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    The 'story' is from a book by a Michael Ashcroft, who certainly has/had an 'axe to grind' with Cameron, feeling he was let down on promises made to him before the 2010 election.

It seems that DC a) wasn't a member of the 'society' and b) they didn't even have such an 'initiation ceremony'

As has been said, DC is ignoring it, as taking any a ...[text shortened]... f this none story.

I am no fan of Cameron or his party, but he does seem a tad maligned here.
    AIUI, Ashcroft was a member of this Club. In any case, he certainly was a member of the inner circle of the Tories, and very much in that Oxford neo-baronial set.
    There are two possibilities: either a leading member of the Tory government circle did get fellated by a porcine carcass, or another leading member of that very same social stratum slandered him using that rumour, and not only thought that this was not too outrageous a lie to publish, but even not too outrageous lie for others to believe about his own, UK-governing, upper crust.

And he was right.

Nobody is laughing Ashcroft out of the room. Whether he told the truth or not, at worst he told a plausible lie about Cameron. Frankly, I don't know what would be worse: that Cameron, in a moment of idiocy, committed this act; or that it is not an immediately ridiculous thought that this could be a habit in his in-group. Either way, the Bulilngdonians come out with a sticky substance all over their collective caviar-stuffed faces.

As for why DC is ignoring it... what else can he do? Deny it? That would only make the lie - if it is one - sound more plausible. Nobody believes either he or Ashcroft have the slightest moral credibility, at this point, no matter what either of them says.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 16:40
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Haha.
    Ask any Scot if he wants the pig shagger as prime-minister...

We don't.
    And he can stay South of the border shagging sheep as long as he bloody well wants.
    As long as he only chooses the pretty ones.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 16:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 16:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 19:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    As long as he only chooses the pretty ones.
    This whole turgid saga breathes new meaning into the comment of "putting lipstick on a pig"...
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 19:48
    Originally posted by kmax87
    This whole turgid saga breathes new meaning into the comment of "putting lipstick on a pig"...
    He should of steered well clear of that pig ,should of slipped in to a private room for a ham shank .
  14. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    16 Oct '15 17:373 edits
    Originally posted by C J Horse

The accusation was made in a book which was serialised in the Daily Mail. That fact alone could lead ...[text shortened]... story is rubbish. Or, possibly, Hogwash - It has at least given rise to some humorous comments.
    There's some truth in that, although in point of fact he could simply have taken the Duke of Wellington approach and told them to publish and be damned, as opposed to vacillating and choosing to both ignore and then deny, which looks like weakness.

I don't take this story seriously at all - if I was a Tory I'd be much more worried about the accusation concerning Ashcroft's non-dom status, which Cameron has refused to answer categorically since it was levelled in his book, precisely because he seems to be seriously implicated, along with William Hague. If anything, while he's personally mortified by Pig-gate, his advisors are probably delighted, since it has distracted the public's attention away from a far more serious allegation which taints not just Cameron but his party, which is incredibly casual about favours for donors.

I honestly think politics in the UK is a puppet show at the moment - it doesn't really matter whether David Cameron is exposed as a leering bovine necrophiliac or whether Jeremy Corbyn turns up fighting with Shining Path guerrilas in some distant jungle, the fact remains that neither of them is remotely likely to be leading their parties for more than half of this parliament. In that sense, this sort of trivia - Corbyn's style, Cameron's isolation - is just page-filler until the Scots return the SNP to Holyrood and the Tories bungle yet another critically important referendum in 2016-17. After that we can take a proper look at things and see where the parties stand.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 04:13
    A pig in a poke? Shouldn't that be the other way round?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree