1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 20:301 edit
    http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump-white-house-office-donald-trump-571396

Ivanka Trump is set to increase her role in her father’s administration by getting an office at the White House.

The businesswoman, 35, will be moving into an office on the second floor of the West Wing, next door to deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, Politico reported.

Trump, the second child of U.S. President Donald Trump, will not hold an official position in her father’s administration and will not take a salary, her attorney Jamie Gorelick told Politico.

But the move is likely to create further questions about conflicts of interest—Trump owns a fashion and jewelry brand and is publishing a book due out in May.

Trump is not subject to the same mandatory ethics rules imposed upon government officials, although Gorelick said that she would voluntarily subject herself to such considerations. She will also receive a government-issued phone and access to classified information, a White House official told Reuters.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 20:32
    Where are all the Republicans who bitched about Hillary's corruption now?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 00:04
    Originally posted by vivify
    When you can pin a tail on the current president which has a single element of the trail of death which has been pinned on Clinton, you might have a bit more to go on.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 00:53
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    When you can pin a tail on the current president which has a single element of the trail of death which has been pinned on Clinton, you might have a bit more to go on.
    The main complaint from conservatives was corruption; you guys didn't harp on "death" much did to having Bush and Iraq thrown back in your face.

So after all this corruption talk, you guys are gonna stay silent on Trump? You have no problem with such blatant nepotism?
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 01:45
    The main complaint from conservatives was corruption; you guys didn't harp on "death" much did to having Bush and Iraq thrown back in your face.

So after all this corruption talk, you guys are gonna stay silent on Trump? You have no problem with such blatant nepotism?
    I wouldn't bother responding to his posts. He just spouts all this patriot movement bunk and cares nothing about evidence or common sense.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 01:47

Ivanka Trump is set to increase her role in her father’s administration by getting an office at the White House.

The businesswoman, 35, will be moving into an office on the second floor of the West Wing, next door to deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, Politico reporte ...[text shortened]... vernment-issued phone and access to classified information, a White House official told Reuters.
    Well yes, but on the other hand she gives the impression of being sane and has her father's ear, in the context of this Presidency she's a reassuring presence, which says something about this Presidency.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 02:25
    Clearly, it's not corruption when they do corruption.

I mean, you can only be corrupt if you're a liberal, right?

8 years of a Democrat White House, and they called it and every other liberal "corrupt". Then they have a White House that is clearly corrupt, but no, that's not corrupt.

Clearly, the word does not mean what they think it means.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 02:28
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So it's only corruption if it ends in death?

Okay, then give the AHCA six months, and we'll start seeing the corruption.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 02:56
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well yes, but on the other hand she gives the impression of being sane and has her father's ear, in the context of this Presidency she's a reassuring presence, which says something about this Presidency.
    "Sane" is quite a low bar, isn't it?

My prediction is that he'll give one of his sons a position or office next. With Ivanka in office (and receiving classified info), people will already be used to the idea of Trump's kids in the white house. It won't be much of a stretch for the public to also accept his son in the White House.

I don't trust Ivanka's presence. I think she'll just be a public relations tool, since she's already popular with Democrats. Ivanka will just be a puppet, whether she's aware of it or not.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 05:18

The businesswoman, 35, will be moving into an office on the second floor of the West Wing, next door to deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, Politico reporte ...[text shortened]... vernment-issued phone and access to classified information, a White House official told Reuters.
    You'd be a liar and a communist if you see anything nepotistic going on there.

Move along folks, nothing to see here...
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 03:41
    "Sane" is quite a low bar, isn't it?

My prediction is that he'll give one of his sons a position or office next. With Ivanka in office (and receiving classified info), people will already be used to the idea of Trump's kids in the white house. It won't be much of a stretch for the public to also accept his son in the White House.

I don't trust Iva ...[text shortened]... already popular with Democrats. Ivanka will just be a puppet, whether she's aware of it or not.
    Yes, but in the context of this presidency I've dropped my standards somewhat. I find it reassuring that there is someone around to prevent anything apocalyptic happening.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree