1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '17 16:03
    How does a lunar eclipse (where Earth's shadow blocks sunlight hitting the moon) ever happen if the sun and moon are what, a few thousand kilometers above Earth? How can Earth EVER stop light from reaching the sun if both sun and moon are that close to Earth?

Do flat earthers then just dismiss the photo's of those eclipses as being somehow faked, part of the vast international mulicultural illuminati comspiracy to hide the flat earth truth from the poor unsuspecting slobs of ordinary human civilization?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '17 16:15
    I believe freaky claims that the moon is not lit by the sun.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '17 16:191 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I believe freaky claims that the moon is not lit by the sun.
    Regardless, in any event, on a flat Earth the moon is ALWAYS above Earth and unable to be between Earth and sun.

That is my main point. Just the EXISTENCE of lunar eclipses blows out their whole stupid argument.

The same with Earthshine on the moon, where I posted a photo of Earthlight lighting up the moon where you clearly see the supposedly dark part of the moon while the phase itself is in full solar illumitaion or whatever, I imagine for the self illuminating thing, they must be imagining millions of LED's on the moon I guess.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '17 16:59
    The exact size and distance of both moon and sun, to produce an eclipse, shows design. πŸ™‚
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '17 17:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Regardless, in any event, on a flat Earth the moon is ALWAYS above Earth and unable to be between Earth and sun.
    That depends on the flat earth model being used. I see no reason why one could not believe the earth is plate shaped and the moon and sun go round it.

That is my main point. Just the EXISTENCE of lunar eclipses blows out their whole stupid argument.
    Except stupid arguments are 'pre-blown' so trying to blow them up tends to fail as they will merely make another stupid argument to explain away anything you say.

The same with Earthshine on the moon, where I posted a photo of Earthlight lighting up the moon where you clearly see the supposedly dark part of the moon while the phase itself is in full solar illumitaion or whatever, I imagine for the self illuminating thing, they must be imagining millions of LED's on the moon I guess.
    Actually you have no easy way to prove that the moon is lit up by earth shine, and they could perfectly well argue that it IS lit up by earth shine from the parts of the earth that are in daylight. That LEDs is the only alternative you can imagine suggests a rather poor imagination on your part.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '17 17:091 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The exact size and distance of both moon and sun, to produce an eclipse, shows design. πŸ™‚
    We discussed that at length and you ran away in shame. Any distance whatsoever would produce an eclipse. Its a fact of geometry. Live with it.

Queue: nonsense about how life has something to do with it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '17 17:11
    We discussed that at length and you ran away in shame. Any distance whatsoever would produce an eclipse. Its a fact of geometry. Live with it.

Just havin a little fun, for ol times sake. πŸ™‚
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 May '17 17:59

Any distance whatsoever?
    You'll have to explain yourself on that one, since I can think of several cases where such is not the case.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '17 18:51
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Any distance whatsoever?
    You'll have to explain yourself on that one, since I can think of several cases where such is not the case.
    We can see phases on VENUS. Is that far enough away? Or do flaters put Venus 50 miles from Earth?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '17 09:081 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Any distance whatsoever?
    At any distance whatsoever whereby the moon is orbiting the earth and the earth-moon system is orbiting the sun. Other than for very carefully crafted orbit timings, eclipses are guaranteed to occur. Its a fact of geometry.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 11:07
    How does a lunar eclipse (where Earth's shadow blocks sunlight hitting the moon) ever happen if the sun and moon are what, a few thousand kilometers above Earth? How can Earth EVER stop light from reaching the sun if both sun and moon are that close to Earth?

Do flat earthers then just dismiss the photo's of those eclipses as being somehow faked, part o ...[text shortened]... cy to hide the flat earth truth from the poor unsuspecting slobs of ordinary human civilization?
    it's flat earth lunacy. are you seriously making threads to say that "look! flat earth claim is insane, i have proof now" ?

can you next address the difficult debate on whether leprechauns are real?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '17 11:30
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it's flat earth lunacy. are you seriously making threads to say that "look! flat earth claim is insane, i have proof now" ?

Or perhaps how many angles there are in a pinπŸ™‚
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:37
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

Or maybe we can move on to the far less sane idea that Trump might be a good president?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 May '17 13:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:15
    ANY reasonable application of logic "blows out their whole stupid argument."

It still doesn't stop him, though.

Same exact thing with his stupid "staged event" theory.

But he still keeps going, because only he can see the "TRUTH".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree