1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 21:32
    Should be a hoot. Will Trump win big? Will Rubio the Robot get badly hurt by his Saturday Debate fiasco? Will the Governors - Kasich, Bush and Christie - rise and save their campaign? Can the Bern hand Hillary a big, double digit loss?

Political junkies prepare; the polls close at 7 PM and results should start flowing in soon after. I found this site which looks pretty impressive (who knew M. Greenstein had already grabbed 2 Democratic votes?) to follow the results: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/new-hampshire

Enjoy!
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 22:36
    Domo Arigato, Roo-BEE-oh MAR-co...
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 01:11
    Networks are calling it for Trump and Bernie already. Less than 10% in but so far Kasich is solidly in 2nd on the GOP side.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 01:35
    There's still less than 15% in but Trump has been holding steady at around 34% (more than double Kasich who's in second) and if that holds, it's a big win for him. Rubio is in 5th with less than 10% of the vote now which would be a stunning turnaround from where the race was supposed to be before he mentioned that "Obama knows exactly what he is doing" 4 times in about 10 minutes on Saturday. Jeb is hanging in 3rd and won't go away as quickly as some had hoped.

Bernie's lead seems to be expanding a bit; it's presently at about 15%. If it holds there or grows a wee bit, I'd say that's a fairly convincing beat down of Hillary.
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 01:39
    No major surprises so far. Trump and Bernie winning by large margins. A minor boost for the beleaguered Jeb Bush, who did a little better than many thought, though not enough to make him a serious contender. Cruz should start to come on strong in the weeks ahead as they head south where the evangelical vote dominates.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 01:441 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    No major surprises so far. Trump and Bernie winning by large margins. A minor boost for the beleaguered Jeb Bush, who did a little better than many thought, though not enough to make him a serious contender. Cruz should start to come on strong in the weeks ahead as they head south where the evangelical vote dominates.
    I'm reading that none of the college towns have reported yet. Recalling that Bernie took 84% of the 17-29 vote in Iowa, if that holds he might very well crush Hillary here by close to 25%. I think that might have a chance to seriously change the race.

EDIT: 38% of the vote in and Bernie's lead is up to 20%.

Cruz has moved slightly ahead of Jeb in 3rd and Rubio's got his vote total up to 10.7%. It's still possible he could finish as high as 3rd.
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 03:201 edit
    Well, having watched Trump's victory speech in all its jingoist, ass-hat, blowhard glory, I can only sit in amazement and wonder at how anyone could fall for such buffoonery. It defies all logic.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'm reading that none of the college towns have reported yet. Recalling that Bernie took 84% of the 17-29 vote in Iowa, if that holds he might very well crush Hillary here by close to 25%. I think that might have a chance to seriously change the race.

EDIT: 38% of the vote in and Bernie's lead is up to 20%.

Cruz has moved slightly ahead o ...[text shortened]... and Rubio's got his vote total up to 10.7%. It's still possible he could finish as high as 3rd.
    Wrapping up for tonight, Bernie has crushed Hillary by at least 20%. I will be very surprised if that doesn't bump him in national polls. For Dems, a caucus in Nevada is next and it may well be a close one.

Trump has finished a solid first with somewhere around 34-35%. That bodes ill for other Republicans as he did a little better than polling averages and he has similar numbers in a lot of other States, some which are winner take all in delegates. Cruz looks like he'll finish 3rd or 4th and still might be the Donald's main adversary. Kasich ran a decent second with 17% or so, but the "establishment" wing still seems divided and it looks like nobody is dropping but perhaps Fiorina who has little support. If this many remain in the race by Super Tuesday and beyond, stopping Trump from getting a big lead in delegates is going to be difficult.
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 03:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Wrapping up for tonight, Bernie has crushed Hillary by at least 20%. I will be very surprised if that doesn't bump him in national polls. For Dems, a caucus in Nevada is next and it may well be a close one.
    This is the second time now that Bernie has outperformed poll aggregates by about 5 points. He really energizes the traditionally low-turnout young voters -- and also he's much stronger with independents than Hillary is. And yeah: need it be said that Democrats will have to win over a lot of independents to win in November?
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 06:191 edit
    I see that Vermin Supreme got more votes than Jim Gilmore. Ouch.

http://static.deathandtaxesmag.com/uploads/2015/11/vermin-supreme-640x411.jpg
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 06:31
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Well, having watched Trump's victory speech in all its jingoist, ass-hat, blowhard glory, I can only sit in amazement and wonder at how anyone could fall for such buffoonery. It defies all logic.
    They are secret Bernie supporters. Bernie has a much better chance of winning if he runs against Trump
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 06:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They are secret Bernie supporters. Bernie has a much better chance of winning if he runs against Trump
    I believe you're right. Bernie does poll more strongly against Trump than Hillary does.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 21:301 edit
    Just got an e-mail from the Sanders campaign saying they have raised $5.2 million from online contributions in the last 18 hours following the NH blowout. http://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-raises-5-mn-since-hampshire-victory-203159134.html;_ylt=A0LEV74crLtWpzwAI7knnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzdHV2ZmlzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDRkZSVkJLXzEEc2VjA3Nj

Impressive to say the least esp. since Sanders supporters don't have any money according to an earlier thread here.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 22:521 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 23:07
    The GOP field has winnowed a bit: Fiorina as expected dropped out but so did Chris Christie.https://www.facebook.com/govchristie/posts/10153382398564135

Be interesting to see if that moves the poll numbers a bit though nationally both are only getting 2.5% in the RCP average.http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree