1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 18:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Short term, it definitely does. Long term it is not a 'silly myth', just possibly bad science. There have been studies that found a correlation, but they could have been wrong.
    It does not.
    Extensive marijuana use over a long period of time impairs the short term memory. It does not impair the problem solving abilities of an individual, and it does not impair 'de motoriek' (that's Dutch, look it up) of an individual.

Multiple road test have been carried out in the Netherlands and marijuana users consistantly cause less accidents (in test environments).
  2. Germany
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 19:41
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It does not.
    Extensive marijuana use over a long period of time impairs the short term memory. It does not impair the problem solving abilities of an individual, and it does not impair 'de motoriek' (that's Dutch, look it up) of an individual.

Multiple road test have been carried out in the Netherlands and marijuana users consistantly cause less accidents (in test environments).
    You are looking for the phrase "motor skills."
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 21:091 edit
    In answer to your first point:
    Only in so far as that masturbation, riding bike and eating cookies can trigger mental illness, yes... Exactly the same odds.
    And that before you are 25.

As for the rest, I gotta go and have wine, so I may or may not get back to you on them.
    I'm curious as to whether you can provide a reference to a peer reviewed scientific paper that provides evidence that bashing the bishop causes insanity, or for that matter blindness.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 22:33
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I'm curious as to whether you can provide a reference to a peer reviewed scientific paper that provides evidence that bashing the bishop causes insanity, or for that matter blindness.
    Finding anything harmless is fraught with a myriad of statistical irregularities.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 22:44
    It does not.

That involve compensation by the subjects. Taking moderately drunk or stoned people in test situations, and they may well do as well as totally sober subjects. Only tests not allowing for compensation by the subjects, could such a premise be supported.

BTW, I think the ratcheting down of drunk standards is absurd. A person with BA of .08 is not intoxicated, and most people after a few hits on a decent joint aren't either. I don't know how a person blowing a .08 is automatically determined to be at fault, when investigation may prove the totally sober driver was at fault. Proper accident investigations stop when one driver is found to be under the influence.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 May '16 03:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heavy-teen-marijuana-use-may-cut-life-short-by-60/

[b]The study looked at teenagers who had used marijuana more than 50 times.

Heavy dose means teenagers who use marijuana more than 50 times? I'm absolutely sure that everyone I knew growing up who smoked dope did it more than 50 times. They would get high at least once a week and that was in Jr. High.

And they try to say that smoking marijuana is not big deal.[/b]
    Is it a "life in prison" kind of 'big deal'? And I mean among adults.

It's clear that ANY kind of illicit drug use in a teenager is worse than in an adult. Developing minds and bodies need proper nutrition and a clean environment free of any mind-altering substances, including alcohol.

Your thread title is "Science finds Marijuana is bad for you ", and yet once in the OP, you go on about how bad it is for teenagers. I daresay that most people reading this thread are NOT teenagers.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:01
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heavy-teen-marijuana-use-may-cut-life-short-by-60/

[b]The study looked at teenagers who had used marijuana more than 50 times.

Heavy dose means teenagers who use marijuana more than 50 times? I'm absolutely sure that everyone I knew growing up who smoked dope did it more than 50 times. They would get high at least once a week and that was in Jr. High.

And they try to say that smoking marijuana is not big deal.[/b]
    Smoking cannabis used to bring about short term memory loss in me. Now I get that without smoking anything. 😀
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 May '16 16:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Is it a "life in prison" kind of 'big deal'? And I mean among adults.

It's clear that ANY kind of illicit drug use in a teenager is worse than in an adult. Developing minds and bodies need proper nutrition and a clean environment free of any mind-altering substances, including alcohol.

Your thread title is "Science finds Marijuana is bad for you ", ...[text shortened]... how bad it is for teenagers. I daresay that most people reading this thread are NOT teenagers.
    We have libtards here who argue it isn't bad for teenagers.

But hey, I have no problem with it as long as I don't have to pay for the rehab when the person wants to quit. I also have no problem with it as long as the person can keep a job and not collect welfare in any form.

Give us a free society where people can reap what they deserve and I have no problem with people flushing their lives down the drain using drugs.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 May '16 16:241 edit
    We have libtards here who argue it isn't bad for teenagers.

But hey, I have no problem with it as long as I don't have to pay for the rehab when the person wants to quit. I also have no problem with it as long as the person can keep a job and not collect welfare in any form.

Give us a free society where people can reap what they deserve and I have no problem with people flushing their lives down the drain using drugs.
    In the case of cannabis, rehabilitation, at least of the residential form, is a complete waste of money. They get insomnia for about a week, which can be a pain, and some intense dreams - which can be distressing depending what 'monsters of the id' they have. Anything more than someone to talk to about it and a little encouragement really is unnecessary.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 May '16 16:32
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    In the case of cannabis rehabilitation, at least of the residential form, is a complete waste of money. They get insomnia for about a week, which can be a pain, and some intense dreams - which can be distressing depending what 'monsters of the id' they have. Anything more than someone to talk to about it and a little encouragement really is all that is needed.
    Yeah well, we get to waste money on it anyhow.

As for health effects, this might help:

http://www.webmd.com/news/breaking-news/marijuana-on-main-street/is-marijuana-safe-web?page=1

If we'd just do away with social medicine, then I'd have not problem with people causing themselves harm. We don't, so I have a problem with it.

Libtards love to support actions that results in increased health costs for me even if I reject their immoral actions.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 May '16 12:351 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    It does not affect IQ. Another silly myth.
    You are the poster boy for lowered IQ. How much did YOU smoke when you were 18?

How well do you think you or anyone else would do on an IQ test if you went in stoned?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree