1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 09:18
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/28/this-new-sexual-consent-and-tea-video-from-the-police-is-brilliant-5466392/
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 09:54
    Nice video. But what website uses a video player with no volume control? If they are short of programmers, perhaps they could out source some jobs to South Africa?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 16:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Nice video. But what website uses a video player with no volume control? If they are short of programmers, perhaps they could out source some jobs to South Africa?
    In this case it is kind of moot the lack of volume control, I played it and it sounded ok in my earbuds but if it's really too loud there should be a volume control in the guts of the box you are using, cell phone, tablet, pc, whatever.

Anyway that distracts from the message.

Don't give tea to unconscious people.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 16:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    ... but if it's really too loud there should be a volume control in the guts of the box you are using, cell phone, tablet, pc, whatever.
    Yes, but I have all my system volume controls set at my preferred level, and besides, who wants to go hunting for them when they should be right there in the video player?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 16:55
    Don't give tea to unconscious people.
    How about drinking tea with unconscious people? And what if they are just sleeping?

But seriously, why would you even be considering tea when you are with someone who is unconscious? Call the ambulance already!
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 17:19
    When I saw the comments on the audio, I simply watched it on YouTube. Good audio, nice video.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 17:59
    Originally posted by vivify
    When I saw the comments on the audio, I simply watched it on YouTube. Good audio, nice video.
    Where's the fun in that? Isn't it better to just bitch about the issue?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 18:05
    Where's the fun in that? Isn't it better to just bitch about the issue?
    one clearly saw what was the most important issue
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '16 20:034 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '16 08:551 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "P.S. Regarding the instant 'thumbs down'"
    thumbs down is a lazy and cowardly way to show disapproval. one doesn't risk anything (not even an already anonymous account on a chess site). with thumbs down, one doesn't have to explain one's position of disapproving a video explaining sexual consent (or a woman that found a way to deal with a trauma ) and most importantly, one isn't identified.

who gives a single loving about thumbs down

(another example: my post that the town of manbij Syria was liberated from ISIS received two thumbs down. A video that shows women crying of happiness, burning veils, a man who lost his arm for some idiotic charge rejoicing that ISIS is gone, people showing where ISIS used to crucify and behead people, such as a woman who thought children. How many kinds of disgusting must you be to dislike such a video? How futile would it be to explain yourself to such people?)
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Aug '16 09:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "P.S. Regarding the instant 'thumbs down'"
    thumbs down is a lazy and cowardly way to show disapproval. one doesn't risk anything (not even an already anonymous account on a chess site). with thumbs down, one doesn't have to explain one's position of disapproving a video explaining sexual consent (or a woman that found a way to deal with a trauma ) and most ...[text shortened]... must you be to dislike such a video? How futile would it be to explain yourself to such people?)
    No more cowardly than you hiding behind a pseudonym spelled z a h a l a z , And the amount of effort that goes into your posts, that would be the difference between a thumbs down (very very lazy) and one of your master pieces (very lazy).

It's your hypocrisy that lets you down every time.

A result of lack of principle and rigor, a result of laziness.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '16 09:45
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    No more cowardly than you hiding behind a pseudonym spelled z a h a l a z , And the amount of effort that goes into your posts, that would be the difference between a thumbs down (very very lazy) and one of your master pieces (very lazy).

It's your hypocrisy that lets you down every time.

A result of lack of principle and rigor, a result of laziness.
    so i guess we have one of those that thumbs downed the story of Manbij liberated from ISIS
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Aug '16 09:501 edit
    so i guess we have one of those that thumbs downed the story of Manbij liberated from ISIS
    There might be a number of reasons for making use of the thumbs down/thumbs up feature. One reason might be to bait the troll baiter, catch him at his own game.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '16 09:52
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    There might be a number of reasons for making use of the thumbs down/thumbs up feature. One reason might be to bait the troll baiter, catch him at his own game.
    or in that case, just being a disgusting human being
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Aug '16 10:00
    one clearly saw what was the most important issue
    That is untrue.
    But since you want to go there, I feel compelled to point out that the video, although funny, isn't going to have much effect. Seriously, if you are using date rape drugs, then you know full well that the person in question does not want sex. If you are not using date rape drugs then call an ambulance now.
    If we are not talking about the 'unconscious' part of the video then I honestly don't think the rest of the video is going to actually change anyone's behaviour. If you are the type of person who forces people to have sex, a tea analogy isn't going to change that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree