1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 21:58
    ...and I'm sure he will find a way to make the military pay for it.

reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1630HH
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 23:53
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

He wants to slash taxes on the rich. (The ones who have an insane share of all the money in the economy)
    He wants to deregulate the financial sector that crashed the economies of the Western World less than ten years ago, with widespread fraud aggravating an already unstable system.
    He wants the country that spends more than everyone else combined on its military to massively increase its military spending, presumably in case the Martians land (again?).

You do realise this is insane? You do realise this guy is nuts?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 00:03
    Originally posted by finnegan
    He wants to slash taxes on the rich. (The ones who have an insane share of all the money in the economy)
    He wants to deregulate the financial sector that crashed the economies of the Western World less than ten years ago, with widespread fraud aggravating an already unstable system.
    He wants the country that spends more than everyone else combined on it ...[text shortened]... the Martians land (again?).

These have been standard Republican policies for at least 70 years; did anybody expect anything different?
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 00:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    These have been standard Republican policies for at least 70 years; did anybody expect anything different?
    Yes. Some of us expected them to be voted out of power. But then, that would require a political alternative. One that was not insane.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 00:15

Actually, the Chinese will pay for it.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 00:16
    After Democrats deplete the military.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 04:21
    He wants the country that spends more than everyone else combined on it ...[text shortened]... the Martians land (again?).

Sometimes we need to take a step back, a deep breath and look at these situations clearly and without any biases.
    In Trumps case there is no reason for any of this. Any one with a working brain can see this guy is nuts.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 04:23
    I expected Trump to have a heart attack before his inaugaration
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 10:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    After Democrats deplete the military.
    What - they depleted it from some multiple of world spending to some other multiple of world spending?

Why do advocates of the small state and opponents of federal power over the states support a presidency (not one person, but all of them in turn) claiming to lead the "free world" and a military machine of insane proportions?

What you are looking at is a weak democracy with a hugely powerful and often unaccountable executive, in the pay of corporations and wealthy individuals that answer to nobody.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 10:20

He might kick off a few contracts to buddies and lackies, it he won't be in power long enough to "build it up", in my opinion.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 13:14
    What - they depleted it from some multiple of world spending to some other multiple of world spending?

Why do advocates of the small state and opponents of federal power over the states support a presidency (not one person, but all of them in turn) claiming to lead the "free world" and a military machine of insane proportions?

What you are looking ...[text shortened]... accountable executive, in the pay of corporations and wealthy individuals that answer to nobody.
    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/24/us-military-decimated-under-obama-only-marginally-/
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/24/us-military-decimated-under-obama-only-marginally-/
    So now Obama is being painted as a traitor while the narcissistic sociopath we have now, the worse president in USA history, will be raised to the level of a saint. What a travesty.

Mark my words, Trumpf WILL be voted the worse president in US history and that is saying a lot. Come back in ten years and see.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 15:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So now Obama is being painted as a traitor while the narcissistic sociopath we have now, the worse president in USA history, will be raised to the level of a saint. What a travesty.

Mark my words, Trumpf WILL be voted the worse president in US history and that is saying a lot. Come back in ten years and see.
    Is now?

What rock have you been hiding under?

As far as the military goes, Clinton did the same thing. If what he cut from the US military were to have beco e it's own military, it would have been a super power.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree