1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 May '17 21:331 edit
    President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

I wonder how the "fair and balanced" folks at FOX NEWS will spin this one?

Is this the media's fault too??

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/ar-BBBaWuJ

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/15/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-officials-wapo.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-classified-information-russia-intel-white-house-minister-ambassador-lavrov-kislyak-isis-a7737706.html
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 May '17 22:18
    Originally posted by mchill
    President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

I wonder how the "fair and balanced" folks at FOX NEWS will spin this ...[text shortened]... ified-information-russia-intel-white-house-minister-ambassador-lavrov-kislyak-isis-a7737706.html
    Trump is President of the United States. IF he wishes to reveal classified information to foreign diplomats in pursuance of US foreign policy, he has the legitimate power to do so.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 May '17 22:261 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Trump is President of the United States. IF he wishes to reveal classified information to foreign diplomats in pursuance of US foreign policy, he has the legitimate power to do so.
    From a legal standpoint that is correct, but just because President Trump has this right to do this, it still does not make it the right (or smart) thing to do. If Obama had done this the right wing would be screaming "impeachment" from the rooftops!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '17 01:241 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 May '17 01:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I agree, however this was not necessary nor was it the right thing to do.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '17 02:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 May '17 02:54
    Yeah. Sure.
    Just fire the FBI chief who's investigating Trump - Russian connections. And the next day he's giving Russians classified information (from a foreign source which wasn't yet allowed to be released) in the Oval office....

No orange taint there sir, None at all.
    It's as kosher as an orange banana served on a bed of red pork.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 May '17 10:20
    You're right, let's just ignore this and pass it off as "fake news" 🙄
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 May '17 11:39
    You're right, let's just ignore this and pass it off as "fake news" 🙄
    Maybe a sign of how much hatred there is toward Trump. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a narssisstic sociopath but it looks like media will jump on anything that looks like it could lead to impeachment. My guess is he will survive and there probably wasn't all that much in the way of classified info given away in the first place.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 May '17 20:33
    From a legal standpoint that is correct, but just because President Trump has this right to do this, it still does not make it the right (or smart) thing to do. If Obama had done this the right wing would be screaming "impeachment" from the rooftops!
    You don't even know what was said. The establishment probably has a problem with Trump actually helping Russia fight ISIS. The USA has been secretly arming ISIS in Syria so they can fight ASSAD while bombing ISIS in Iraq.

ISIS in Syria good, ISIS in Iraq (puppet gov) bad.
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    16 May '17 20:41
    If anyone other than the POTUS had revealed this sensitive information, they would be arrested and likely subject to imprisonment. It is serious.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 May '17 21:25
    Legally, yes. However, He can still be impeached for doing so.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 May '17 21:28
    I agree, however this was not necessary nor was it the right thing to do.
    Do you know for a fact it happened?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 May '17 21:29
    Originally posted by Phranny
    If anyone other than the POTUS had revealed this sensitive information, they would be arrested and likely subject to imprisonment. It is serious.
    They didn't arrest Hillary and the FBI said she did release classified and top secret information.

Last time I checked Hillary isn't President.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 May '17 21:302 edits
    If He puts our service members lives, or the lives of our allies at risk, he most certainly can be impeached. The Senate and Congress have overwhelming power to override his desire for his dictatorship over America. Hell, they impeached Bill Clinton for him letting a 22 year old begging intern give him a blow job. However, it did not work. Trump can easily be impeached and he should have been about 100 days ago for treason against the United States of America.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree