1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:144 edits
    Of course, more than likely your candidate did.

Since I have no candidate, I think I would say it is a toss up.

Trump did a good job pointing out Hillary has been in a position of power and has done virtually nothing to solve all the problems she talks about solving. He also correctly said that she supported NAFTA as she did her best to wiggle out of that accusation. I think fact checking will probably show Hillary lied.

Trump, by in large, is all over the map when he talks. It is almost comical seeing him talk in what seems like fragmented sentences. Trump also spent too much of his time defending not supporting the war in Iraq. What he should have done instead was say that Hillary was the one with the intelligence briefings and the one who decided to vote to go into Iraq, not him. Instead, he got what seemed like an argument with the moderator who insisted that the facts showed he supported the war. The moderator seemed to be like Crowley who attacked Romney in years past. Some things never change I suppose.

Trump also looked kind of bad when Hillary tried to paint him as someone who other countries could not depend upon being a man of his word and who were afraid of him becoming President. All Trump had to do was bring up the red lines brought up by Obama and Hillary that were crossed with no repercussions. Instead, he chocked.

What is unfathomable is that Trump spent next to no time talking about the e-mail scandal, an issue that seems to have driven voters towards him of late, which is another whiff at the plate.

With a candidate as bad as Hillary, I have no idea how Trump did so poorly......unless I'm right, he is there to throw the election.

The best part was when Trump yelled, "I have the better temperament!"

Classic

I change my mind, I think Hillary won round #1. I can't believe I just wasted 90 minutes of my life. :'(
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:35
    I didn't watch any of the debate, nor do I plan to any future ones. I doubt there's anything Trump will say that will make him seem like a rational, intelligent qualified leader. Anyone who actually watched the debate is a moron.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:37
    Originally posted by whodey

Trump did a good job pointing out Hillary has been in a position of power and has done virtually nothing to solve all the problems she talks about solving. He also correctly said that she supported NAFTA as she did her best to wiggle out of t ...[text shortened]... y mind, I think Hillary won round #1. I can't believe I just wasted 90 minutes of my life. :'(
    Maybe Trump got a clue about needing to prepare for debates, not that it would necessarily cure his chronic mouth diarrhea.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:39
    Originally posted by vivify
    I didn't watch any of the debate, nor do I plan to any future ones. I doubt there's anything Trump will say that will make him seem like a rational, intelligent qualified leader. Anyone who actually watched the debate is a moron.
    Anyone who says that anyone who watched the debate is a moron is a moron.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:54
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Anyone who says that anyone who watched the debate is a moron is a moron.
    You shouldn't use the word moron if you don't know what it means.

Run and google to look less moronic... moron.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 04:47

Trump did a good job pointing out Hillary has been in a position of power and has done virtually nothing to solve all the problems she talks about solving. He also correctly said that she supported NAFTA as she did her best to wiggle out of t ...[text shortened]... y mind, I think Hillary won round #1. I can't believe I just wasted 90 minutes of my life. :'(
    There will be two more debates, so anything you thought Trump should have addressed will likely be addressed later on. But forget about the Vince Foster thing, if something can't be definitely proven it's probably best left alone.

I was frankly surprised by some of the questions, especially one of the questions asked near the end of the debate that got Trump all hot and bothered... I would be angry too if no one bothered to fact check the questions, because it put Trump in the position of having to debate the moderator as well as debating Hillary.
    The alphabet news channels seem to be as slow as the Democratic party in recognizing how the general public (and not just "deplorables"😉 are better informed, and not quite as naive as they thought.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 06:17
    Originally posted by lemon lime

The alphabet news channels seem to be as slow as the Democratic party in recognizing how the general public (and not just "deplorables"😉 are better informed, and not quite as naive as they thought.
    Nice one. Trump is already a self-parody, so why not make a joke out of the entire thing?
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 06:401 edit
    Maybe Trump got a clue about needing to prepare for debates, not that it would necessarily cure his chronic mouth diarrhea.
    Trump has virtually no debating experience in a political arena like the one we saw tonight. Hillary on the other hand has loads of experience. Right off the bat she began baiting him and trying to get under his skin, and she eventually got the reaction she was looking for.

I wasn't expecting to see a polished Trump tonight, but I think he will be up to speed by the third debate. Mz Clinton knows how to talk the talk, and when it comes to actually doing anything then just like Obama she definitely knows how to talk the talk. And this is what our country so desperately needs right now... more talking.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 06:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Nice one. Trump is already a self-parody, so why not make a joke out of the entire thing?
    Says the guy who thinks he needs a time travel machine for renting a movie. 🙄

And yes, I know that's not what you meant...

define self-parody
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 07:181 edit

The BBC did a fact check on some statements. Hilary apparently denied calling TPP a gold standard. Here is a link to the speech where she called it a gold standard [1]. Trump forgot that he agreed with the Gulf War in an interview in 2002. Both those statements are easily made errors in a debate. Trump seems to think that his tax returns being audited prevents him from releasing them, it doesn't, and they are not being audited but are under continuous review. That is harder to look on as a mistake. The BBC's fact checking page is here [2].

Edit; Politifact is giving it to Hilary in terms of accuracy. [3]

[1] http://www.state.gov/secretary/20092013clinton/rm/2012/11/200565.htm
    [2] http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37480990
    [3] https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/780569396263747584/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 07:39
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Trump seems to think that his tax returns being audited prevents him from releasing them,
    I disagree. He didn't actually say that, and it was clear that he didn't think that. It was clear that that was his excuse. He also said his lawyers don't want him releasing them, but didn't explain why that would be. It was also clear when Hillary suggested he doesn't pay tax that he did not deny that.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 08:29
    The BBC did a fact check on some statements. Hilary apparently denied calling TPP a gold standard. Here is a link to the speech where she called it a gold standard [1]. Trump forgot that he agreed with the Gulf War in an interview in 2002. Both those statements are easily made errors in a debate. Trump seems to think that his tax returns being audit ...[text shortened]... 480990
    [3] https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/780569396263747584/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    comment on the politifact tweet regarding fact checks:
    "does anyone else see two middle fingers?"
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 09:541 edit
    Trump had not problem with Cruz.

But with Clinton he is like a deer in head lights.

Gee, I wonder why.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 09:58
    The BBC did a fact check on some statements. Hilary apparently denied calling TPP a gold standard. Here is a link to the speech where she called it a gold standard [1]. Trump forgot that he agreed with the Gulf War in an interview in 2002. Both those statements are easily made errors in a debate. Trump seems to think that his tax returns being audit ...[text shortened]... 480990
    Let's put it this way, they both have many reasons to lie.

Two of the worst candidates in US history.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 10:23
    Do any of you remember Romney debating Obama when the then moderator Crowley disputed something Romney said as true? She never made a peep against Obama

Well it happened again with Lester Holt. Lester, on more than one occasion, challenged Trump with his truthiness.

Then you have the queen up there denying such things as supporting NAFTA as the gold standard, which she did, and then hearing crickets from Lester Holt.

Do we need any more proof that this election is rigged from top to bottom, one thing both Bernie and Trump seem to agree on?

I also got a kick at the end of the debate when Lester insisted that Trump say he would support the queen when coronated.

Hilarious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree