1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 02:121 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/25/us/comet-lovejoy-spews-alcohol/index.html

Not just any old alcohol, but ETHYL alcohol, the kind we drink!

Must be a helluva party going on up thereπŸ™‚
    That's nothing:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51271/there-are-giant-clouds-alcohol-floating-space

"Ten thousand light years from earth in a constellation far, far away, there is massive cloud of alcohol.

Discovered in 1995 near the constellation Aquila, the cloud is 1000 times larger than the diameter of our solar system. It contains enough ethyl alcohol to fill 400 trillion trillion pints of beer. To down that much alcohol, every person on earth would have to drink 300,000 pints each day—for one billion years."
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 06:03
    Originally posted by vivify
    That's nothing:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51271/there-are-giant-clouds-alcohol-floating-space

"Ten thousand light years from earth in a constellation far, far away, there is massive cloud of alcohol.

Discovered in 1995 near the constellation Aquila, the cloud is 1000 times larger than the diameter of our solar system. It contains enough ethyl al ...[text shortened]... lcohol, every person on earth would have to drink 300,000 pints each day—for one billion years."
    Well, Lovejoy is at least theoretically reachable in a few years time. The cloud is 10,000 light years away, and the best we can do even theoretically is 1/10 the speed of light so the journey would take 100,000 years. Doesn't do humans much good, eh. That is just one way. 200,000 years to get back after that giant drunk partyπŸ™‚
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 10:34
    Well, Lovejoy is at least theoretically reachable in a few years time. The cloud is 10,000 light years away, and the best we can do even theoretically is 1/10 the speed of light so the journey would take 100,000 years. Doesn't do humans much good, eh. That is just one way. 200,000 years to get back after that giant drunk partyπŸ™‚
    Who'd be dumb enough to travel 200,000 years just to get drunk? Scientists! πŸ˜‰
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 12:102 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Who'd be dumb enough to travel 200,000 years just to get drunk? Scientists! πŸ˜‰
    Yeah but think how much they could bring back to Earth 200,000 years from now! Aircraft carrier sized space craft chock full of 190 proof vodka from the stars!

By that time humans may have stopped drinking alcohol completely and they would start a new fad.....

oh, also, JC and the boys hadn't come back in the year 202,000 either......
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 15:21
    Yeah but think how much they could bring back to Earth 200,000 years from now! Aircraft carrier sized space craft chock full of 190 proof vodka from the stars!

By that time humans may have stopped drinking alcohol completely and they would start a new fad.....

oh, also, JC and the boys hadn't come back in the year 202,000 either......
    Yes he did. And that Aircraft carrier sized space craft mysteriously flew into a super nova, otherwise called the lake of fire. But the cargo ended up at the wedding feast. πŸ˜‰
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 20:20
    Yes he did. And that Aircraft carrier sized space craft mysteriously flew into a super nova, otherwise called the lake of fire. But the cargo ended up at the wedding feast. πŸ˜‰
    Why are you bringing up cars? I didn't know you even remembered the Nova. I didn't think they were THAT super....
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 21:59
    Why are you bringing up cars? I didn't know you even remembered the Nova. I didn't think they were THAT super....
    I drove a Nova back in the day. Three speed on the column.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:48
    I drove a Nova back in the day. Three speed on the column.
    I didn't know they had actually launched a nova
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 11:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    How is that? surely it cannot have a yeast strain?
    c2H5OH is a quite simple molecukle which can be made by a lot of routes.
    Yeast excreting it as port of their Glucose metabolism is just a convinient one for the average prehistoric Person πŸ˜‰
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 11:56
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    c2H5OH is a quite simple molecukle which can be made by a lot of routes.
    Yeast excreting it as port of their Glucose metabolism is just a convinient one for the average prehistoric Person πŸ˜‰
    So HOW simple are these molecukle's?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree