1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 16:00
    This is an election year and we need a new "In Crowd" here at Red Hot Pawn.

Nominations?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 16:01
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

Nominations?
    Sir,
    Certainly I'll play your little game. I would like to nominate (Handy Andy)!
    Kind Regards,
    Have a Pleasant day,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 22:40

Nominations?
    Is this just a blatant attempt to shout down anyone not liked in a 'divide and conquer' movement tried by others here on and off?

Labeling the 'In' crowd as such defeats the entire purpose, I would think. They don't need to be labeled, and they are amorphous since people come and go. And popularity is such a fleeting, tawdry thing that everyone reacts differently to.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 23:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Is this just a blatant attempt to shout down anyone not liked in a 'divide and conquer' movement tried by others here on and off?

Labeling the 'In' crowd as such defeats the entire purpose, I would think. They don't need to be labeled, and they are amorphous since people come and go. And popularity is such a fleeting, tawdry thing that everyone reacts differently to.
    Suzianne,
    That is a very true statement. Popularity and people do come and go.

I guess Andy is just throwing a shot at me, from back in the old battles with the mods where I talked about the "Inner Circle", and mentioned that Dive tried his best to get with the "In Crowd"!

It really doesn't bother me, I've become pretty thick skinned when it comes to people saying things to me, or calling me names. As you remember back in those days, I wasn't very well liked myself, because of my defending GB, plus I had an attitude.

Probably many who still don't care for me, and I am ok with that too. I have over the years tried to change and not be as rude as I once was. It will be up to others to decide if I got there or not. Ok, I am ranting now, time to shut up!

Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 23:27
    I nominate the milk toast, Very Rusty
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 23:46
    Surely a thread like this is a blatant attempt to give people an opportunity to post whatever they want in a lighthearted way and not a blatant attempt to shout down anyone not liked in a 'divide and conquer' movement?
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 23:57

Yes.

Great suggestion! Your name has been added to the list of nominees.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 02:29
    I am an "in crowd" of one.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 03:02

You're just mad because trisha80 is on the list and you're not.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 03:11
    [b]Is this just a blatant attempt to shout down anyone not liked in a 'divide and conquer' movement tried by others here on and off?

Yes.

Labeling the 'In' crowd as such defeats the entire purpose, I would think. They don't need to be labeled, and they are amorphous since people come and go. And popularity is such a fleeting, tawdry thing th ...[text shortened]... acts differently to.

Great suggestion! Your name has been added to the list of nominees.[/b]
    You better put me on the list Andy or I'm going to haunt you about it for the rest of your life in these forums! 😉
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 03:14
    In September I will be tenured here. I'll have access to any and all "in" crowds whether anyone likes it or not.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 08:051 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I nominate the milk toast, Very Rusty
    I nominate divegeester the most loyal lapdog in the entire world. He brings FMF his grey slippers every day!😵
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 08:27

Nominations?
    Seitse, sonhouse, wolfgang59, Grampy Bobby, Ponderable, vandervelde, FreakyKBH, Kegge, huckleberryhound, apathist, divegester, Ghost of a Duke, NoEartlyReason, moonbus, and, last but not least, me.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Seitse, sonhouse, wolfgang59, Grampy Bobby, Ponderable, vandervelde, FreakyKBH, Kegge, huckleberryhound, apathist, divegester, Ghost of a Duke, NoEartlyReason, moonbus, and, last but not least, me.
    Yikes!

You left out Very Rusty 😲
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 10:16
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You're just mad because trisha80 is on the list and you're not.
    No, you're not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree