1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 09:071 edit
    YouTube

It ought to be the dry season here already but the sounds coming through my home office window are pretty much like the ones on the youtube clip above.

I listen to a half hour audio podcast of ABC news from the U.S. at about 0530 hours every morning. For weeks, about 25-30% of the news every day seems to be about bad weather and its fatal impacts. And these have not been times of slow news days of late.

What's the weather been like for the last week or so where you live?
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 09:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    [youtube]ZvdO_8ZS3U4[/youtube]

It ought to be the dry season here already but the sounds coming through my home office window are pretty much like the ones on the youtube clip above.

I listen to a half hour audio podcast of ABC news from the U.S. at about 0530 hours every morning. For weeks, about 25-30% of the news every day seems to be about bad weather ...[text shortened]... slow news days of late.

I'm not allowed outside but I hear it has been sunny and mild with an occasional breeze
  3. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 10:24
    Temperatures in the 90's with occasional thunderstorms and threat of tornadoes and/or hail. These extremely hot days are sandwiches between weeks of lower temperatures and lack of moisture.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 11:00
    Originally posted by ale1552
    Temperatures in the 90's with occasional thunderstorms and threat of tornadoes and/or hail. These extremely hot days are sandwiches between weeks of lower temperatures and lack of moisture.
    Does the weather or weather related stories feature in the daily TV news much where you are?
  5. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 11:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does the weather or weather related stories feature in the daily TV news much where you are?
    I would not know, as I never watch the news on TV.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 12:50
    Let's pencil you in for plus 6 on the Flynn Effect front.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 14:58
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I'm not allowed outside but I hear it has been sunny and mild with an occasional breeze
    Sir, or Ma'am,
    Did your parent confine you to your room? 😛
    Kind Regards,
    Have a great day,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 17:39
    How do you keep informed?
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 17:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Very pleasant in the northeast U.S. Some rain, mostly clear and warm, a few days over 90, typical summer.
    The destructive weather patterns -- tornadoes, violent storms, floods, etc. -- are in lower latitudes. On many
    TV outlets, reporting the weather, good or bad, seems to be a welcome escape from politics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree