Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 17:30
    It seems that Bob Dylan took his sweet time to ponder the acceptance:

http://www.spin.com/2016/10/bob-dylan-acknowledge-nobel-prize/
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 17:37
    He didn't have to and he can give the money to charity, if it makes him feel better, but it is a prestigious prize and he should feel proud.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 15:002 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean like 'how many cannon balls must fly before they're forever banned', that kind of thing, totally can't understand, eh.
    No, I think he means he literally couldn't make out what the hell Bob Dylan was saying. He always sounded like he was choking on a kazoo.

Even if you could understand what Dylan was saying, he still had nonsense like this:

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
    Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 13:42
    Originally posted by Torunn
    He didn't have to and he can give the money to charity, if it makes him feel better, but it is a prestigious prize and he should feel proud.
    Sartre didn't accept the prize at all, which was his unalienable right. He is in the lists anyway...
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 06:061 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    [b]Sartre didn't accept the prize at all, which was his unalienable right.
    There are a few, I have read, who have declined for various reasons, that's not surprising.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 07:18
    I thought Leonard Cohen would get it. (He tried to soften the committee members' hearts by the interview 2 days before the decision: "I am ready to die".
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 11:55
    "American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature earlier this month, has told the Swedish Academy he will accept the prize.
    The notoriously media-shy Dylan had not made any comment on the 8 million crown ($1.5 million) prize, despite repeated attempts by award-givers the Swedish Academy to contact him since it named him as the winner on October 13..."
    "It has not yet been decided if Bob Dylan will attend any events during the Nobel Week in Stockholm in December," the Nobel Foundation said on Friday.
    Separately, Dylan told the Telegraph that if he could attend the Nobel Prize ceremony he would..."

(ABC News)
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 12:17
    Originally posted by Torunn
    "American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature earlier this month, has told the Swedish Academy he will accept the prize.
    The notoriously media-shy Dylan had not made any comment on the 8 million crown ($1.5 million) prize, despite repeated attempts by award-givers the Swedish Academy to contact him since it named him as ...[text shortened]... told the Telegraph that if he could attend the Nobel Prize ceremony he would..."

(ABC News)
    He plans to donate whole amount tot rock'n'roll elementary school in Kinshasa for starving African kids. He'll buy them guitars and note-books, and instead of 1 meal they will learn to play guitars and be singwriters.
    Special professor would be Bono.
    Here is the anecdote form U2's gig in Scotland earlier this year:Bono asked the spectators for total quiet and in that silence, he started to slowly clap his hands and he said "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies.”

From the crowd a Ascottish accentated voice yelled:
    - Well, stop the fyck doing it then, you evil bastard!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree