1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 04:11
    What did everyone think of it? Starting to appear people will not be moving to Cape Breton Nova Scotia, Canada after all. There had been serious inquiries with people looking to move there if Trump won the election. I know it isn't over till it is over, but not looking good for the trumpster right now.

Regards,
    -VR
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 04:53
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    What did everyone think of it? Starting to appear people will not be moving to Cape Breton Nova Scotia, Canada after all. There had been serious inquiries with people looking to move there if Trump won the election. I know it isn't over till it is over, but not looking good for the trumpster right now.

Regards,
    -VR
    My favourite moment was when Trump ~ whose entire schtick is [let's face it] being er... 'refreshingly nasty and negative, shall we say, or so it seems ~ and who hasn't paid any tax for 20+ years ~ spat out a pouty "such a nasty woman" when he was teased as follows... "My social security payroll contribution will go up, as will Donald's, assuming he can't figure out how to get out of it." - which was exquisitely on-the-nose and actually kind of funny as political quips go.

Somehow, for me, that little miffed retort by the extraordinarily glass-chinned Mr Trump sums him up. It also sums up the way he will be remembered for making pretty much no effort at all to move beyond his loyal base (which is kind of lacking in women, and which will not be enough to get him elected) and now seems to be blaming everybody else - except himself - for the resulting electoral mathematical reality.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 06:25
    I think he's created some alarm by the suggestion that he may choose not to abide by the umpire's decision.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 07:211 edit
    It's been in the bag for the Dems for weeks and would have been much earlier if they hadn't dropped Saunders who, it seemed to me at least, was the last politician in America with some level of integrity.

In some ways I wonder if America (and the world) will be worse off without Trump; he would have got little done as the houses would have blocked him at every turn. Whereas Clinton is a much better political animal and possibly more harmful because of it.

Personally I'd have moved to Canada no matter what.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's been in the bag for the Dems for weeks and would have been much earlier if they hadn't dropped Saunders who, it seemed to me at least, was the last politician in America with some level of integrity.

In some ways I wonder if America (and the world) will be worse off without Trump; he would have got little done as the houses would have blocked hi ...[text shortened]... and possibly more harmful because of it.

I don't think you understand the sheer stupidity of America. That Trump received even a single vote in the primaries is an epic disgrace. That Trump would actually be nominee of a major party is irrefutable proof that we can't depend on U.S. citizens to be intelligent. Until those ballots are fully counted, I'm not the least bit confident of the outcome.

Trump may be despised, but so is Hillary. Though Hillary isn't hated as much as Trump, she doesn't have fanatical supporters like Trump. Trump has voters who actually love him, unlike Hillary; her voters aren't voting for her, they're voting against Trump. So all things considered, it will, unfortunately, be a tight race.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:50
    Originally posted by Very Rusty

Regards,
    -VR
    I haven't seen any of the debates. Ever since Trump won the GOP nomination, there's been no need to.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 16:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 16:33
    Originally posted by vivify
    I haven't seen any of the debates. Ever since Trump won the GOP nomination, there's been no need to.
    There will be further trouble if the results of the election are close, say 47% to 53% in Hillary's favor. The only way to get this world class megalomaniac narcissistic asssshole off the stage is if he is defeated by landslide. Only then will he retreat sulking to his tower of ignorance.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 16:351 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There will be further trouble if the results of the election are close, say 47% to 53% in Hillary's favor. The only way to get this world class megalomaniac narcissistic asssshole off the stage is if he is defeated by landslide. Only then will he retreat sulking to his tower of ignorance.
    I disagree, only if he wins will he be content.

Even a landslide for Hillary will result in a lot of judical action....
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 18:16
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I disagree, only if he wins will he be content.

Even a landslide for Hillary will result in a lot of judical action....
    I'm voting for Hillary, but not because I despise her opponent.

I like Hillary.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 19:14
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I'm voting for Hillary, but not because I despise her opponent.

I like Hillary.
    what do you like about her?
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 19:16
    Trump will win. 100%.

Other than Andy people don't like her so much, yes some people hate trump but a lot love him as well. Many more than who love Clinton.

She doesn't have any charisma, will be brexit all over again. More idiots will vote and trump will win. Put your house on it.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 19:38
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I think he's created some alarm by the suggestion that he may choose not to abide by the umpire's decision.
    His next book will be .....

The Art of Defeat.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 19:41
    Originally posted by divegeester

In some ways I wonder if America (and the world) will be worse off without Trump; he would have got little done as the houses would have blocked hi ...[text shortened]... and possibly more harmful because of it.

So you are saying that you are not moving ?

Because neither one of them will get elected ? 😀
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 19:521 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    I don't think you understand the sheer stupidity of America. That Trump received even a single vote in the primaries is an epic disgrace. That Trump would actually be nominee of a major party is irrefutable proof that we can't depend on U.S. citizens to be intelligent. Until those ballots are fully counted, I'm not the least bit confident of the outcome.
    ...[text shortened]... hey're voting against Trump. So all things considered, it will, unfortunately, be a tight race.
    I disagree. Respectfully of course.

The Trump vote is an "anybody but Hilary" vote.

You can replace Trump with an organ grinder monkey and get the 35% poll.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree