1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 13:21
    You know someone is going to raise the issue, so let's just get it out in the open.

Two things struck me about last night's Oscar "debacle."
    You tell me if I'm just full of ship or if the points are valid.

On the recommendation of a friend, I reluctantly saw "La La Land" and ended up loving the movie.
    The end result of the movie very closely resembled what happened last night on stage with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway--- so much so, it seemed planned at least at some level.
    Too similar to the movie's ending to not have been somewhat planned.

Second issue: with the ongoing saga of antagonism between Hollywood and Trump, with Hollywood jumping on the side of MSM and decrying Trump's mantra of "Fake News" at every turn, one would think that on their night to shine, with all eyes on them, they would have figured out a way to get their own facts straight.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 13:29
    No one cares
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 13:52
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You know someone is going to raise the issue, so let's just get it out in the open.

On the recommendation of a friend, I reluctantly saw "La La Land" and ended up loving the movie.
    The end result of the movie very closely resemb ...[text shortened]... shine, with all eyes on them, they would have figured out a way to get their own facts straight.
    All the world's a stage, and therefore flat.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 15:45

The end result of the movie very closely resemb ...[text shortened]... shine, with all eyes on them, they would have figured out a way to get their own facts straight.
    I knew they would mess up like Steve Harvey I just felt in my heart sometime that night that they would, lol. I saw five or six of the nine movies nominated for best picture. I think it was political that moonlight won period.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 16:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I knew they would mess up like Steve Harvey I just felt in my heart sometime that night that they would, lol. I saw five or six of the nine movies nominated for best picture. I think it was political that moonlight won period.
    Of course it's political. They snubbed blacks last year so they had to make amends this time round. It's also possible Moonlight was a better picture than La La Land.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 16:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Of course it's political. They snubbed blacks last year so they had to make amends this time round. It's also possible Moonlight was a better picture than La La Land.
    Some of the awards last night were giving out like participation trophies for sure.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 21:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ah: a fellow true adventurer!
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 08:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I haven't been to see La La Land yet but Moonlight is a good film played with small gestures and dialogues telling a story worth learning about. These two films are difficult to compare, they are totally different genres.
  9. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 09:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's a great one !
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 10:10
    divegeester: All the world's a stage, and therefore flat.

Originally posted by Captain Strange
    That's a great one !
    You don't know half of it. It's even greater if you bear in mind that FreakyKBH used the word "stage" in the post divegeester was replying to, AND... and this is the great thing that few people here got, probably... FreakyKBH has gone on and on about how he thinks the world is "flat". divegeester combined these in a short, witty post. A great one, in fact.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 12:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't know half of it. It's even greater if you bear in mind that FreakyKBH used the word "stage" in the post divegeester was replying to, AND... and this is the great thing that few people here got, probably... FreakyKBH has gone on and on about how he thinks the world is "flat". divegeester combined these in a short, witty post. A great one, in fact.
    Excellent color commentary!
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 12:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have followed most of the jousting between Freaky and Sonhouse so that's why I knew it was a truly great one.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 13:46
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    I have followed most of the jousting between Freaky and Sonhouse so that's why I knew it was a truly great one.
    Of course since you and the freak are on the same flat page.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:05

With Obama winning a Nobel Peace Prize I was fully expecting him to win an Oscar as well.

It makes just as much sense and it's a political feel good thing to do.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 18:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    With Obama winning a Nobel Peace Prize I was fully expecting him to win an Oscar as well.

It makes just as much sense and it's a political feel good thing to do.
    And of course you no doubt are fully on board Trumpf's accusation Obama is behind the leaks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree