1. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 17:08
    Is there anyone who believes the earth is flat here? if so you can message me if you don't want to post it here. I'd be interested to talk with you!
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 17:21
    Originally posted by DukeOfEuphony
    Is there anyone who believes the earth is flat here? if so you can message me if you don't want to post it here. I'd be interested to talk with you!
    Yes, by reason of empirical evidence within the micro square footage "earth" flooring of a retired widower's man cave; otherwise, of course not.
    "Christopher Columbus, where art thou?"
  3. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 17:30
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Yes, by reason of empirical evidence within the micro square footage "earth" flooring of a retired widower's man cave; otherwise, of course not.
    I'm not a flat earther... just thought it would be interesting to talk to one 😉
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 17:592 edits
    I'm not a flat earther... just thought it would be interesting to talk to one 😉
    Perhaps posting your question in the Red Hot Pawn Science or Spirituality Forum will result in an interesting on topic discussion.

Footnote: Here's the most recent Google Earth Photographic Imagery of gb's "man cave":
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    | Entrance | Kitchen | Living Room | Office/Den | Bedroom/Closet | ------ Tunnel -----> Shower/Locker Room || Spam Dumpster || Reveal Hidden Content
    lol

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Lawn '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 18:101 edit
    FreakyKBH did an excellent job of painting himself into a corner, tying his underwear into several knots and then pulling it tight up his bum over this topic several weeks ago in the spirituality forum.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 18:15
    Yeah, as Dive says, speak to FreakyKBH.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 19:48
    Here's the most recent Google Earth Photographic Imagery of gb's "man cave":
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    | Entrance | Kitchen | Living Room | Office/Den | Bedroom/Closet | ------ Tunnel -----> Shower/Locker Room || Spam Dumpster || [hidden]lol[/hidden]
    '''''''''''''''''''''''' ...[text shortened]... ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Where are the barred windows?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 21:09
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Where are the barred windows?
    Andy, this "man cave" was designed and built without any windows at all.
    Why? Nobody in cyberspace seems to know.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 22:09
    I believe the earth is conical
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 23:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    FreakyKBH did an excellent job of painting himself into a corner, tying his underwear into several knots and then pulling it tight up his bum over this topic several weeks ago in the spirituality forum.
    If you took a low-grade paper bag, cut open the bottom portion of it, doused it in a kitchen sink for 60 to 90 minutes and then allowed the four to six "champions of the globe" to be encased in this soggy mess, not a one of them would be able to find their way out of this lowly bag-that-was-a-bag with even one of their spurious arguments, claims or counter claims.

It was quite amusing to enjoy their valiant struggles, nonetheless.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 23:46
    There is a rapidly growing legion of people joining the ranks of 'Flat Earthers," some because it's the hip thing to do, some because they're trying to derail the movement, and others who have actually reviewed the evidence for both scenarios and found the idea of a globe earth not only wanting, but in serious contradiction with scientific evidence.
  12. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 23:48
    The earth was known as being round since at least Pythagoras' time. It had been discussed in scientific circles long before 1492.
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 02:39
    Originally posted by Gambrel
    The earth was known as being round since at least Pythagoras' time. It had been discussed in scientific circles long before 1492.
    One of the old testament prophets envisioned the earth to be like a ball hanging from nothing. That pre-dates pretty much every other round earth theory I've heard about.

By the way, shouldn't that be "boom shaka laka laka boom"?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 03:16
    Originally posted by Gambrel
    Thought of, perhaps, but knot known per se.

Mathematics insist the globe (at its current stated dimensions) cannot in any way, shape or form, be round-ish in nature.

The curvature required of a round-ish globe dictates a vanishing horizon using a specific formula.
    For reality to not conform to this formula says one of three things:
    1. Either the formula is wrong; or
    2. The dimensions attributed to the earth are wrong; or
    3. The earth is not round.
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 03:45
    i'm not a mathematician, but,
    when i do mathematize, i REALLY mathematize...
    the earth is fluid, and she takes the shape of her container...
    the shape of Spirit's hand is cupped...
    and holds us safe from all cometary beings...
    bam sham a lam, hot damn...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree