1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As above, see Michael Clayton (2007). And as for Clooney's range, see O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000).

Anybody can play a bloody pirate.
    I know, I was just introducing a fictional third actorπŸ™‚ Brother where art thou was a classic, music by Allison Krauss and Union Station and friends (gillian Welch, Emmy Lou Harris, Norman Blake)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 11:05
    Originally posted by Torunn
    There were/are actors who make you feel they are more present than others - Clooney is such an actor to me. I haven't seen his stinkers πŸ™‚ , only the good ones.
    You nasty quoter... πŸ˜‰ Why Syrana is a stinker?
    I think most people whoe dislike Syriana do that because they resent liberal political message.
    All actors in the movie played for free because they agreed with the idea behind the film.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 12:44
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    You nasty quoter... πŸ˜‰ Why Syrana is a stinker?
    I think most people whoe dislike Syriana do that because they resent liberal political message.
    All actors in the movie played for free because they agreed with the idea behind the film.
    I never said Syriana was a stinker, nor did Suzianne.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:19
    Depp does the oddball stuff, but conveys a sense of hovering over his role, as though he is going to break the fourth wall at any moment.
    Fun to watch, but distracting.
    Clooney has developed into an outstanding actor with the ability to fill any number of genres.
    Despite his earlier career where he felt it necessary to constantly be adjusting the tilt of his head during scenes, he seems much more comfortable in his roles, plays them without device and makes the audience want to watch him for what the character is going to do, not him.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 17:291 edit
    Originally posted by Torunn
    I never said Syriana was a stinker, nor did Suzianne.
    So who edited the the quote in your post?
    Look at the previous page.

evidence
    https://s16.postimg.org/5a7wa8tqd/syriana.jpg
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 17:34

evidence
    But Vandervelde, she apologized for her mistake.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 17:40
    Damn, I missed it again.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 06:45

evidence
    So how did you do that?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 06:56
    I managed to stumble upon The Perfect Storm (2000) on cable yesterday. I forgot how good that movie was. Relatively early in Clooney's career, too. Plus, it had Mark Wahlberg, and I noticed they've been in several movies together. Three Kings (1999) was another good one.
  10. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 12:571 edit
    More likable and/or better actor?
    I like both personally but Depp definitely has more range. He can play a wide variety of characters while Clooney seems to be Clooney in every role. I did like "O Brother Where Art Thou". Oh yeah, "From Dusk Til Dawn" was pretty good too. Actually, Clooney is a decent actor.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 13:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm not saying he hasn't had his stinkers -- Solaris (2002) and The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009) leap to mind -- but when he's good, he's very good.

I also really liked The Monuments Men (2014).
    Hail Caesar is the worse movie of all time, it's like Quentin Tarantino decided to make a comedy which wasn't funny.
  12. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 13:221 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Hail Caesar is the worse movie of all time, it's like Quentin Tarantino decided to make a comedy which wasn't funny.
    I agree with you. That movie was awful.

The only scene I laughed at was when Channing Tatum did that dance jump onto the submarine.
  13. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 08:27
    Actually I like both actors.

My Clooney favourites are "O brother where art thou" and "Good night and good luck".

Johnny Depp did good work (IMHO) in Alice in Wonderland and in Willy Wonk and the choclate factory (though I like Gene Wilder even more in the role).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree