1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 15:20
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    You could enlist the help of Oprah. Didn't she say, "Yes and you get a car, and you get a car....everyone here today gets a car."
    Good idea. B-but, is she fat again? She could ruin the whole campaign.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 21:18
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    You could enlist the help of Oprah. Didn't she say, "Yes and you get a car, and you get a car....everyone here today gets a car."
    Just another part of the problem.

How about running shoes, instead of a car?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 21:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is no word for soda in the uk; people here use the brand names like "Diet Coke" or generic flavour titles such as "diet lemonade". It's all "diet" here, or mostly. Full sugar "soda" sales have plummeted and will fall further with the planned sugar tax.
    Yes, here for a while, iced tea saw a resurgence, and a lot of people went for unsweetened iced tea. But now, the "sweet tea" campaign has caught on, turning a healthy option into another calorie bomb.

Some states here (most notably California) have slapped a tax on these sugary drinks. Time will tell if this has any effect. Corporate-bought conservatives are already pushing back by calling it "more governmental meddling".
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 05:412 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, here for a while, iced tea saw a resurgence, and a lot of people went for unsweetened iced tea. But now, the "sweet tea" campaign has caught on, turning a healthy option into another calorie bomb.

Some states here (most notably California) have slapped a tax on these sugary drinks. Time will tell if this has any effect. Corporate-bought conservatives are already pushing back by calling it "more governmental meddling".
    The state of California doesn't care whether people are obese. The government just found another deep pocket to mine for revenue, that's all. If the government had the means to turn the sun off and on, there'd be a tax on daylight.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 17:35
    When I was at senior school back in the 70's ,out of maybe 2000 kids I can only recall about three fatties .
    That's because people walked ,ran and played football and other sports .
    Kids today sit in their bedrooms stuffing their faces with crap while playing computer games .
    Adults that let themselves get obese are just lazy ,greedy slobs .
    Simple .
    Fatties should be locked in the stocks, pizza and burgers should be thrown at them in the street .
    I did notice though ,when I went to my local hospital most of the nurse's were fat .
    What does that tell you ?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 17:44
    Originally posted by phil3000

I did notice though ,when I went to my local hospital most of the nurse's were fat .
    What does that tell you ?
    And the thin ones either smoke, are alcoholics or both 😉
  7. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 10:321 edit
    Well, on the Coca-Cola and Pepsi websites the serving size is 12 fl oz but the sizes at restaurants are bigger.

http://www.pepsicobeveragefacts.com/Home/Product?formula=35005*26*01-01&form=RTD&size=33

http://www.coca-colaproductfacts.com/en/coca-cola-products/coca-cola/

http://portionteller.com/the-battle-against-big-soda-continues/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree