1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 17:09
    Like if a person is banned totally, you get a message if you go to that person's profile. Is there any indication of a forum ban or do you just notice that person not posting?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 17:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like if a person is banned totally, you get a message if you go to that person's profile. Is there any indication of a forum ban or do you just notice that person not posting?
    rhp sends out a 'postcard' type thingie, a lot like when you get one of the "a serial rapist has moved into yer neighborhood" cards...
    but,
    much more lowkey...
    most times they'll have a picture of the eiffel tower, or the space needle, or hugh grant on the front...
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 17:47
    ... Is there any indication of a forum ban...
    A reliable sign is a 'new' player shows up in the GF asking why their alter-ego got banned. 😛
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 18:32
    Birds are chirping more sadly, the bells ring ominously as one more soul left us. When a member is gone, part of us is dead, ergo, the whole forum is banned.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 18:41
    Someone replied "good riddance" to the last post they made.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 10:42
    The best indicator that someone is forum banned is if they stopping posting in the forums.

Ghost logic.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 10:45
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The best indicator that someone is forum banned is if they stopping posting in the forums.

Ghost logic.
    Only applicable for frequent posters though. They could even camouflage this by putting up the vacation sign...
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 10:49
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Only applicable for frequent posters though. They could even camouflage this by putting up the vacation sign...
    I see that as a direct challenge to my logic. 😉
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You can only see if a post has been removed if another poster replied with quoting.

This is not really a reliable sign, since some jokers have been seen putting up that notice...
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:14

12. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:54
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    the individual 'bad post' would go, but I think all of the other posts remain?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 12:022 edits
    Whether "banned" or "not posting" on these public forums for unrelated reasons, a thoughtful person will likely inform a few trusted friends of the reason, which could be the onset of a debilitating illness or a physician's prognosis of imminent death or include a note in his or her site profile:

About @Mathurine: "Last moved 1503 days 19 hours and 28 minutes ago"

"I have decided to leave the site for an indefinite period. I have really not been terribly well of late, and have also had a change of job that doesn’t allow me free Internet access during the day. Rather than suffer the embarrassment of being timed out in all my games (or of losing them all by dint of inattention) I have simply resigned the lot (and forfeited quite a few rating points!) This is not an absolute goodbye, though; when my subscription runs out I may very well return as a non-sub, and take on six games at a somewhat slower pace. Alternatively I could re-subscribe and discipline myself not to enter tournaments in which I haven’t the energy to compete.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone I’ve played with over the last five years, and to all the General Forum regulars whose posts have kept me in good spirits since I discovered this marvellous community.

With my very best wishes to you all,

Mathurine
    Kingston-upon-Thames"
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 12:12

15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Whether "banned" or "not posting" on these public forums for unrelated reasons, a thoughtful person will likely inform a few trusted friends of the reason, which could be the onset of a debilitating illness or a physician's prognosis of imminent death or include a note in his or her site profile:
    Which active site member or members should receive a forum ban, according to you, and for how long?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree