1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 08:101 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Please indicate the specific post you have in mind. Thank you.
    The one about what you claimed was my extraordinary use of pronouns ~ "I" and "me" ~ and in a kind of, presumably, 'Grammar Hag Troll' kind of way, you thought my short anecdote belonged in the Guinness Book of Records. That post. Specifically.
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 09:05
    Gramps as you are our troll expert is there an Evasive troll.

A despicable creature who refuses to be pinned down and even lies about his past trolling.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:341 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Gramps as you are our troll expert is there an Evasive troll.

A despicable creature who refuses to be pinned down and even lies about his past trolling.
    Red Hot Pawn -"FAQ The Guidelines: Help : forumguide]

"The following twelve points are the guidelines that should be followed when posting to the forums.
    •Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse. Do not post offensive or inflammatory remarks that stray beyond the bounds of reasoned debate." (Russ)
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    The one about what you claimed was my extraordinary use of pronouns ~ "I" and "me" ~ and in a kind of, presumably, 'Grammar Hag Troll' kind of way, you thought my short anecdote belonged in the Guinness Book of Records. That post. Specifically.
    Context matters. Please provide the page number on this thread and then I'll be glad to reply. Thank you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 12:19
    Context matters. Please provide the page number on this thread and then I'll be glad to reply. Thank you.
    Why don't you just go ahead and pretend you're not a Grammar Hag Troll, even by your own definition?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 13:33
    100+ Internet Troll Types & Troll Resources

Frost Troll:
    “Like an infantile child who proudly sits in his own s..., the Frost Troll’s social ineptitude makes it nearly invulnerable to any criticism. Its Achilles heel is the rejection it faced as a youth. Maybe it was that rather unfortunately timed “cold sore” outbreak which was forever memoriali ...[text shortened]... every platform in existence.” Emily Turner, 2013" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Hate Monger:
    “One of the most nauseating types of Internet trolls is The Hate Monger. This commenter blasts the Internet, and otherwise civil discussion, with hate speech. Be it sexist, racist, homophobic (“GAY!” is an oft-used trolling one-off), or otherwise, the Hate Monger reflects the ignorant dregs of humanity. You’ll see them everywhere, but particularly virulent is their presence on forums that children can easily read and those aimed at politico/societal discussion.” (Criminal Justice Degree Guide)

Hater: “They don’t need a motive, they just move from victim to victim saying not very nice things and making you feel like you’ve done something to deserve it. Which is nice.” Robin Edds (2013)

Honorable Nitwit: “Honorable Nitwits absolutely love to speak about honor. This breed invokes the concepts of honor, integrity, humility, and other traits straight from the Boy Scout Oath more often than a Klingon warrior on anti-depressants. Honorable nitwits are convinced that everyone around them suffers from a lack of honor, an idea they thoroughly fail to understand in attempting to use its lack to smear others.” (2006 Ubuntu Forums , Trolls)

Old Warrior: “The Old Warrior has been there and done that. He has little time to spare for those who have not been there and done that. The Old Warrior has been there and done that to such an extent, in fact, that he is always right. Anyone who disagrees with him, therefore, is wrong by definition and should shut the hell up. Old Warriors place a very high premium on one’s credentials relevant to the subject matter discussed, failing to understand the logical fallacy of appeals to authority.” (2006 Ubuntu Forums , Trolls)

Forum Cultist: “Forum cultists are extremely proud of the incredible Internet communities to which they belong. They pride themselves on the exclusivity of those communities and actually believe that “it can’t happen to them”, “it, ” of course, being their own banishment. Forum cultists place a very high premium on groupthink and generally react to differing opinions with outrage, banning all who dare to speak them.” (2006 Ubuntu Forums , Trolls)

Pretend-novice: “Has an agenda to push but pretends to not to understand arguments against said agenda in order to push the agenda further. By appearing to be a new user, she can get away with combativeness without appearing aggressive or hostile and can always excuse any poor arguments as ignorance or genuine inquiry.” (2006 Ubuntu Forums , Trolls)

Humor Trolls: “One of the more common types of trolls and although often destructive they also tend to be mischievous rather than outright malicious (exceptions do exist). Humor Trolls believe that the act of trolling is comedy and indeed some Humor Trolls can be funny to certain people, the major problem with this particular type of troll is the comedy is not always welcome and often disrupts the normal flow of online communities.” (Villains Wikia)

I’m Better Than You and You’re a Moron Troll: “This type of troll isn’t out-of-control-crazy, just more condescending and smug. This troll looks for picky things to criticize as justification for why you are an idiot with the mental capacity of a sea cucumber. These trolls will also take time to spell out specific reasons why they are too good/talented/smart to listen to you.” Kristen Lamb 2012 (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:40
    Please, heaven, make this thread stop.

I am begging.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Please, heaven, make this thread stop.

I am begging.
    All this attention is making Grampy Bobby is salivate and sweat profusely in his basement.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 15:351 edit
    Memo to Seitse & divegeester:

My personal thanks to each of you for your continued interest in the labyrinthian facets of this thread's topic:"Internet Trolls". Regards, Bob
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:47

My personal thanks to each of you for your continued interest in the labyrinthian facets of this thread's topic:"Internet Trolls". Regards, Bob
    For someone who must spend a significant proportion of their spare time researching and the remainder posting about Internet trolls, is it astonishing that you are still unaware of what they are.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 21:47

If interested is the same feeling of dread I get whenever the
    dentist approaches my mouth armed with his drill from Satan,
    then yes, I am interested.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 13:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    For someone who must spend a significant proportion of their spare time researching and the remainder posting about Internet trolls, is it astonishing that you are still unaware of what they are.
    s/they/you yourself/
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 14:14
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    s/they/you yourself/
    Are you being a grammar nazi?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 14:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you being a grammar nazi?
    Or an Oblique Hag?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 06:47

Hate Monger:
    “One of the most nauseating types of Internet trolls is The Hate Monger. This commenter blasts the Internet, and otherwise civil discussion, with hate speech. Be it sexist, racist, homophobic (“GAY!” is an oft-used trolling one-off), or otherwise, the Hate Monger reflects the ignorant dregs ...[text shortened]... alented/smart to listen to you.” Kristen Lamb 2012 (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Iconoclast:
    “Driven by ‘Destructive’ forces. An Iconoclast takes part in trolling to help others discover ‘the truth’, often by telling them things completely factual, but which may drive them into a state of consternation. They may post links to content that contradicts the worldview of their target.” (Crocels Trolling Academy)

Idiot Troll: “This Internet Troll responds to every post you write with things a blithering idiot (or teenager) would say.” (The Band Back Together Project)

Idiot: “You haven’t seen them since you were 14, and you’re suddenly wondering why you accepted their Facebook friend request. They comment on your pictures of the Eiffel Tower telling you how much they love Blackpool. Hmm." Robin Edds (2013)

Internet Radio/Media Trolls: “Internet Radio Troll Formal Definition: A variant of Internet Troll describing internet radio show hosts, their networks and listeners who use online media platforms and social sites to defame & humiliate a person, group, cause or belief. Unique to their profile is how they provoke and encourage their listeners to engage in the same vitriolic behaviors. Unlike Internet Trolls who act alone or in small groups, Internet Radio Trolls manipulate as many listeners as possible to join in their cyber-attacks.” Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D. (2014)

Internet Troll: “An Internet Troll is a colloquial expression used to define an online user who uses Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to purposely and actively provoke, defame, anger, tease, flame, or incite other online users. More often than not, the Internet Troll does not know the target recipient(s) of their vitriolic statements and behaviors. Internet Trolls regularly appear in all forms of online mediums ranging from online video gaming gatherings to chatroom and forum discussions.” Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D. (2013)

IRL Troll: “The IRL (that stands for In Real Life to all you AFK people) Troll is the type of person that acts like an Internet bottom-feeder in everyday life. Perhaps it’s someone that spends too much time in front of a glowing screen, or perhaps it’s just someone who burned their mother’s copy of Emily Post. These are the people that you’re not entirely sure should be at every single dinner party that you go to, and it’s getting a little strange that they’re always there.” (Criminal Justice Degree Guide)

Just Don’t Get It Troll: “Just Don’t Get It Troll is the feeblest form of troll life. In fact he hardly qualifies as a troll at all because he doesn’t understand what proper trolling is about, or indeed what the interweb thing is really for, or anything. He’ll often begin his rants with “I can’t believe you get paid for writing this rubbish” or “How disgraceful that a fine newspaper like the Telegraph should allow its reputation to be sullied by such bilge”.” James Delingpole 2011 (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree