1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 02:15
    I just received this text in an e-mail...

Dear FMF,

[REDACTED] has chosen to delete your game.

Any standard game that has not started, or has only just begun, may be deleted in this way.

Games are often deleted when players have large game loads - and not because they don't want to play you specifically.

- The Red Hot Pawn Team

I don't know if I am comfortable being treated as if my feelings might so easily be hurt.

Indeed, I find such attempted amelioration a bit offensive.

Anyone else want to lash out at the creeping Kid Gloves Culture that is moddycoddling us to our detriment?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 07:23
    Originally posted by FMF

Dear FMF,

Any standard game that has not started, or has only just begun, may be deleted in this way.

Games are often deleted when players have large game loads - and not because they don't want to play you specifically.

- The Red Hot Pawn Team

...[text shortened]... e want to lash out at the creeping Kid Gloves Culture that is moddycoddling us to our detriment?
    Do you equate courtesy with a "creeping Kid Gloves Culture"?

I think the only culture that's "creeping" is the one that disregards the feelings of others. In the real world that is. But here in these forums not so much. If at all. In fact, I think the rudeness exhibited here is a reflection of the disintegration of common courtesy in the culture. That's my opinion.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 11:17
    I rather like this message. I often wonder what happened to a game that disappeared suddenly after I created it, and the email reminds me of the spirit in which we set up games with complete strangers. Knowing it will be sent means that I can delete games I can't manage without copping an abusive email from someone who thinks I shouldn't have deleted it. I think it's just automatic politeness, like the way two people who collide will both say sorry even though one knows for sure it wasn't his fault. I think the actual wording was chosen with new arrivals in mind, to display the general levels of civility here. Forums excepted, of course.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 11:561 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    In fact, I think the rudeness exhibited here is a reflection of the disintegration of common courtesy in the culture.
    Do you feel that Chrisitans using Bible verses to insult other Christians in an attempt to score points in an online discussion, would be regarded as being "a reflection of the disintegration of common courtesy".

Or do you feel that Christians behaving like this are in some way immune from criticism?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 12:25
    When it happened to me first time, I was so offended that I'd sent PM to the guy/girl/woman/priest/person/agent who deleted our games, something in style of:
    "Åk, dear God, excuse me, if I am contagious, I apologize, I didn't want to offend you, it will never happen again, I assure you!"
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 03:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you feel that Chrisitans using Bible verses to insult other Christians in an attempt to score points in an online discussion, would be regarded as being "a reflection of the disintegration of common courtesy".

Or do you feel that Christians behaving like this are in some way immune from criticism?
    Actually, I feel that Christians who don't use verses of the Bible to illustrate a point are scared, and those who call themselves Christian that take exception to a well place verse to describe a behavior are just babies.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 03:31
    Originally posted by FMF

Dear FMF,

- The Red Hot Pawn Team

...[text shortened]... e want to lash out at the creeping Kid Gloves Culture that is moddycoddling us to our detriment?
    I find myself strangely aroused at your use of the word amelioration.

I think that bad boy's got some serious legs.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 04:21
    Actually, I feel that Christians who don't use verses of the Bible to illustrate a point are scared, and those who call themselves Christian that take exception to a well place verse to describe a behavior are just babies.
    Hang on, have I understood you right? You needed to quote a Bible verse - one suggesting that someone was "an enemy of God" [James 4:4] - in order to express your disapproval of some lighthearted General Forum banter regarding someone else's copy pasting habit? Are you seriously saying that, in the world of the Christian Bible, that is an example of "a well placed verse" and an example of you not being "scared"? 🙄
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 05:22
    As I suspected, you are happy to criticise others whenever you spot what you think is "a reflection of the disintegration of common courtesy" but find yourself exempt from the responsibility of upholding your own standards. It's called hypocrisy.

Claiming you are somehow courageous and that those Christians who don't use the Bible to send nasty jabs at other Christians are "scared" is one of the most toe-curlingly embarrassing things I've ever seen written here and I struggle to accept that you actually believe it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree