1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:50
    Is it a good idea to appoint a Secretary of Defense who is rabid?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:04
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    GBS,
    Our friends wanted change, that they got. Now they will have to put up for at least 4 years with their choice. It is up to their new President to decide the positions in his Government.

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    GBS,
    Our friends wanted change, that they got. Now they will have to put up for at least 4 years with their choice. It is up to their new President to decide the positions in his Government.

-VR
    VR,
    Thanks for the American political history lesson. But really....Mad Dog?

GBS
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 17:02
    VR,
    Thanks for the American political history lesson. But really....Mad Dog?

GBS
    GBS,
    As Canadians who cares what we think about appointments made by the President of the United States? 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 19:04
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    GBS,
    As Canadians who cares what we think about appointments made by the President of the United States? 😉

-VR
    In spite of his "Rabid" moniker he seems to be ,somewhat, of a moderate...well in that he is against waterboarding anyway. He must be of the type who says, "you get more bees with honey than vinegar".
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 06:22
    Shouldn't he have been in quarantine a bit longer, er.... I mean out of the forces, before being offered a political position?
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 10:39
    Be polite and respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Or something like that. I like the guy.😀
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 22:55
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    Shouldn't he have been in quarantine a bit longer, er.... I mean out of the forces, before being offered a political position?
    Yes, the current rule requires seven years between military service and the Secretary of Defense position (this rule was made to reinforce the concept of civilian leadership of the military), and so he will require a Congressional waiver to be allowed to serve as Secretary of the DoD, since he left the military in 2013.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Dec '16 18:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, the current rule requires seven years between military service and the Secretary of Defense position (this rule was made to reinforce the concept of civilian leadership of the military), and so he will require a Congressional waiver to be allowed to serve as Secretary of the DoD, since he left the military in 2013.
    Oh I'm sure "The Donald" will find some way to circumvent that, after all he is/will be the king...I mean President.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 15:21
    Oh I'm sure "The Donald" will find some way to circumvent that, after all he is/will be the king...I mean President.
    So as I hear the Donald will Appoint three Generals to his cabinett. That seems an awful lot to me (I don't think that a former generalö served in a Federal Government in the FRG)
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 15:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So as I hear the Donald will Appoint three Generals to his cabinett. That seems an awful lot to me (I don't think that a former generalö served in a Federal Government in the FRG)
    Some of our best presidents were generals.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 16:46
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Some of our best presidents were generals.
    But I think most were GENRALists.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 16:53
    But I think most were GENRALists.
    That's cute. What does it mean?
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 17:00
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    That's cute. What does it mean?
    Does it have to mean something?...it's cute. You said it yourself. 😉
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 06:583 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I thought he was up to four.

It's bad enough that the rest are all billionaires.

Like they need the money.

I just wish he'd stop putting people who don't believe in something in charge of that something.

It's like he's trying to bring on the first ever existential crisis in government.

Can't rich people have a hobby that doesn't affect other people's lives, like golf?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree