1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 11:071 edit
    I heard yesterday that there is a new one out this weekend - that last two were really good I thought.

I'm wondering why I only just found out. I like Star Trek and unlike the weirdo FMF who has never watch any of them, nor any of the Star Wars movies, I've seen them all several times and look forward to the next installments. Bit strange that I've only just heard. Perhaps they are spending less on the marketing.

Chris pike makes a good contemporary Kirk - agree?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 12:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I like Star Trek and unlike the weirdo FMF who has never watch any of them, nor any of the Star Wars movies, I've seen them all several times and look forward to the next installments.
    I have indeed never watched any of the Star Wars movies, but the same certainly cannot be said about anything Star Trek-related. The only Star Trek I haven't watched is Deep Space 9 series 2-7.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 12:58
    I heard yesterday that there is a new one out this weekend - that last two were really good I thought. I'm wondering why I only just found out. [...] Bit strange that I've only just heard. Perhaps they are spending less on the marketing.
    The Sulu character turns out to have been gay all along although the actor who played Sulu in Star Trek TOS, who is gay, objected to him being gay. The actor who played Chekov accidentally and tragically killed himself in a motoring accident in his own driveway. I'd say that's quite a build up.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 14:422 edits
    I heard yesterday that there is a new one out this weekend - that last two were really good I thought.

I'm wondering why I only just found out. I like Star Trek and unlike the weirdo FMF who has never watch any of them, nor any of the Star Wars movies, I've seen them all several times and look forward to the next installments. Bit strange that I've on ...[text shortened]... s they are spending less on the marketing.

Chris pike makes a good contemporary Kirk - agree?
    I'm still pissed at J.J.Abrams for screwing with the Star Trek universe, and in such a permanent way that any directors wanting to make a Star Trek film IN that universe must ascribe to what came before. Blowing up the planet Vulcan was SO unnecessary.

Yes, I understand that it's an "alternate" Trek-verse. And now Justin Lin decided to similarly change it in a more immediate and local way (trying not to play "spoiler" here). And now I hear that Idris Elba is in it, and I've become quite keen on him from the "Luther" series, and so I may be forced to go see this one after all.

And yes, I agree on Chris Pine (not Pike, you're thinking of the former captain of the Enterprise, played by Jeffery Hunter in TOS). Quite dreamy, indeed. 🙂 He was also good in Z for Zachariah, a 2015 film that almost nobody saw. See it if you can find it on Netflix or something.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 03:19
    I like the new Spock. Emotion just oozes from him.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 05:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm still pissed at J.J.Abrams for screwing with the Star Trek universe, and in such a permanent way that any directors wanting to make a Star Trek film IN that universe must ascribe to what came before. Blowing up the planet Vulcan was SO unnecessary.

Yes, I understand that it's an "alternate" Trek-verse. And now Justin Lin decided to similarly change ...[text shortened]... iah[/i], a 2015 film that almost nobody saw. See it if you can find it on Netflix or something.
    Yes I also thought the destroying of Vulcan was unnecessary and in fact Nero's blaming of Spock was, in my humble SiFi opinion, unbelievable. However I really like the film and thought it was the strongest of the series.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 23:101 edit
    Triple threat: Clovis movie theater adds three-screen technology

only 30 in the world.

Also theater to start serving beer.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 23:21
    Star Trek is awful.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 00:30
    This new Star Trek film has gotten very good reviews.
    I plan to see it next couple of days.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:07
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Star Trek is awful.
    Why don't you like it?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:08
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    This new Star Trek film has gotten very good reviews.
    I plan to see it next couple of days.
    I thought Star Wars was hugely disappointing, so I'm pleased to hear this.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 06:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    I like the new Spock. Emotion just oozes from him.
    I though so too. I guess acting with no emotion is quite boring, sort of like the Ilea character in the first movie (the one from 1979 I mean)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree