1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes you do, you are always lying in wait for some poor jolly fellow so that you can scourge him of his humanity and wipe the smile from his face. You patrol the forums like a policeman, hounding posters like Grandpa Bobby and are entirely unsuited to moderation. I cannot think of a single instance where you have managed to approach a position objectively and instead rely on guile and cunning. You are wholly unsuited to moderate these forums.
    This is not "moderating" that you're talking about. It's just normal interaction on a message board which is not something I would criticize or seek to inhibit in any way if Russ were to accept my offer to help out as a moderator.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:212 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is not "moderating" that you're talking about. It's just normal interaction on a message board which is not something I would criticize or seek to inhibit in any way if Russ were to accept my offer to help out as a moderator.
    what characteristics do you have that you feel would make you a good moderator?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:40
    what characteristics do you have that you feel would make you a good moderator?
    I would only delete posts that were alerted as being in clear contravention of the TOS, and only if egregiously so. I have long experience of activity on several of these forums. I am not a trigger-happy 'delete it! delete it!' type member of the community. I would not be swayed by my personal opinion regarding material that has been alerted. I would always have 'does removing this ultimately enhance the value of this web site' in mind, and would envisage deleting very few posts in the ordinary course of affairs. I would abstain from posting myself during my period in the role of moderator, and I would take satisfaction in a happy boisterous set of forums and in intervening as infrequently as possible.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would only delete posts that were alerted as being in clear contravention of the TOS, and only if egregiously so. I have long experience of activity on several of these forums. I am not a trigger-happy 'delete it! delete it!' type member of the community. I would not be swayed by my personal opinion regarding material that has been alerted. I would always have ...[text shortened]... satisfaction in a happy boisterous set of forums and in intervening as infrequently as possible.
    Would you have deleted R J Hinds posts in the debates forum and if so on what basis?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 08:49
    Would you have deleted R J Hinds posts in the debates forum and if so on what basis?
    I didn't see it. There are very few RJHinds' posts that I would delete. If, as I understand it, I found that post in question was some kind of derogatory sexual insult against the real person who posts here as cassaid4, and not some sort of humorous banter that cassaid4 was part of, then I would most likely have deleted it - but not the thread. But I didn't see it, as I say.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 11:39
    "Red Hot Pawn FAQ Forum Posting Guidelines: Overview Help : forumguide

The forum moderators' objective is to enable enjoyable forum usage. We want an environment where newcomers feel free to post to the forums without fear of being unfairly attacked and where posters don't feel overly-policed.

We want the Red Hot Pawn forums to be as open as possible. All moderation will be made using best-judgment and will never be used to stifle opinion, so long as such posts remain within the boundaries set out here.

Moderators have the ability to hide posts, hide threads, move threads to other forums, and place forum bans for varying periods of time on posters continually breaching the posting guidelines.

Please note that members of the community are encouraged to use the Alert Moderator link below any post which they believe breaches the guidelines set out here. This will place the post on the moderators' list of posts to review."
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 12:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Red Hot Pawn FAQ Forum Posting Guidelines: Overview Help : forumguide

The forum moderators' objective is to enable enjoyable forum usage. We want an environment where newcomers feel free to post to the forums without fear of being unfairly attacked and where posters don't feel overly-policed.

We want the Red Hot Pawn forums to be as open as ...[text shortened]... e guidelines set out here. This will place the post on the moderators' list of posts to review."
    Why don't you offer to help Russ out by becoming a moderator?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 14:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh please god, please make this happen....
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 16:19
    Where is this 'alert moderators' link?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Where is this 'alert moderators' link?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> [!]

lol
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 16:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Originally posted by FMF (Page 37) Thread 165496 (Page 38)
    "I consider myself saluted. Thanks. And yet this dreary assortment of pompous windbags that I seem to rub up the wrong way have nothing to fear from me when Russ makes me a moderator because most of their tedious unoriginal repetitive twaddle is not against the TOS." 😀

Apparently that'll be your job within the foreseeable future.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 21:31
    Apparently that'll be your job within the foreseeable future.
    Why what have you heard? I haven't heard anything. 😉
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 22:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why what have you heard? I haven't heard anything. 😉
    Only your own words quoted verbatim above on this page.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 02:31
    Only your own words quoted verbatim above on this page.
    Don't be silly. I was being ironic. That's why I made the words bold. 😕

So you've heard nothing else?
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 14:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't be silly. I was being ironic. That's why I made the words bold. 😕

So you've heard nothing else?
    I heard that Lloyd, from Coronation Street, is back with Liz but that his ex girlfriend is "up the stump". 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree