1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 11:209 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Grampy Bobby's comments about suicide in this thread possibly stand as the most offensive I've read on this forum in the nearly 9 years I've been posting here.

I hope his self-anointed condemnatory bigotry on this topic is a sufficient revelation to those who swallow his " lonely old man" propaganda.
    Let's have a little face to face air cleaning with respect to a human being's decision to commit suicide. The word "insult" was in fact too harsh; I retract it with a public apology to all contributors to this thread who were deeply offended. Here's the back story. There was an actual incident which occurred approximately twenty years ago involving the father (a relatively young man in his prime and as far as anyone knew in good health) who was discovered late one weekday afternoon by his wife asphyxiated by carbon monoxide in one of their two automobiles with the engine still running in the garage.

His wife and their five young children were overwhelmed with both grief and confusion over the fact that he never let on to anyone who loved him nor their family doctor that he had become suicidal. This father's decision was hurtful to the nth degree and deeply wounded the sensibilities of his loving wife and young children. Did the act insult them? No, not an insult per se. However, the deed horrified them beyond belief to the point where the children required psychological counseling for several years. Here's the kicker: this young man was the assistant pastor of a large church which emphasized choral and instrumental music rather than teaching the Word of God. So, yes, suicide can and does happen within families at all strata of society in this country.

Though I have no idea of the percentage statistics, the frequency of reported suicides on the media news seems to be trending upward. Now and then these reports cause me to reflect once again on the family tragedy described above. God forbid that any of your children or mine will ever even contemplate suicide without seeking professional help at the very onset of depression and/or the temptation to summarily end their lives.
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 12:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Let's have a little face to face air cleaning with respect to a human being's decision to commit suicide. The word "insult" was in fact too harsh; I retract it with a public apology to all contributors to this thread who were deeply offended. Here's the back story. There was an actual incident which occurred approximately twenty years ago involving the ...[text shortened]... ssional help at the very onset of depression and/or the temptation to summarily end their lives.
    I don't think we should compare 'incidents' - I would say tragedies. I base my opinion on the many cases I have heard about and it is my firm belief that suicide is committed in ultimate despair and should not be judged.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 12:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Someone like you, who ~ for instance ~ makes "jokes" insinuating that Grampy Bobby is a pedophile simply because you don't like him, has no business lecturing others on what "mature people do".
    You, sir, are a bad person and you will have to learn to live with that.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 12:39
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Children and drunkards have no filter. Mature people do.

Please leave me alone. I am already suffering enough from
    Bob's and Divegeester's cruelty and coldheartedness.
    I can see how cut up you are about your friends who committed suicide.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 13:09
    His wife and their five young children were overwhelmed with both grief and confusion over the fact that he never let on to anyone who loved him nor their family doctor that he had become suicidal. This father's decision was hurtful to the nth degree and deeply wounded the sensibilities of his loving wife and young children. Did the act insult them? No, ...[text shortened]... . So, yes, suicide can and does happen within families at all strata of society in this country.
    So where does this leave your page 4 pronouncement about "honour codes" vis a vis suicide?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 13:10
    I just think it was one of his edgy gags like the pedophilia thing, right?
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 13:12
    I have nothing to say to you. Please stay away from me. You are the
    same kind as Bob. I wish both of you to never have to go
    through the pain some of us have been forced to endure, seeing
    a loved one take the wrong door out.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 15:56
    I have nothing to say to you. Please stay away from me. You are the
    same kind as Bob. I wish both of you to [b]never
    have to go
    through the pain some of us have been forced to endure, seeing
    a loved one take the wrong door out.[/b]
    Your words say one thing, then they say another, sometimes within the same post. If you don't want to be misunderstood on a topic you claim to care so passionately about, then I suggest you are less emotionally ambidextrous in your posts.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 17:10
    Your words say one thing, then they say another, sometimes within the same post. If you don't want to be misunderstood on a topic you claim to care so passionately about, then I suggest you are less emotionally ambidextrous in your posts.
    Please stop harassing me. This is too difficult for me already
    for you to keep lambasting, pressuring and ridiculing my
    feelings. Bobby has done enough damage in this thread, do
    not join the bully.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 18:29
    Please stop harassing me. This is too difficult for me already
    for you to keep lambasting, pressuring and ridiculing my
    feelings. Bobby has done enough damage in this thread, do
    not join the bully.
    Do you have a credible bone in your body; or are you just constituted from jelly?
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:34
    Bump.

Let's not allow this thread to die. May it be forever up for everybody
    to remember and mourn.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 11:02
    Bump.

Let's not allow this thread to die. May it be forever up for everybody
    to remember and mourn.
    So many deserving threads and so little page 1 space. :'(

Maybe we just have to let this one go to "thread heaven" ... GB will take care of it soon.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 11:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    So many deserving threads and so little page 1 space. :'(

Maybe we just have to let this one go to "thread heaven" ... GB will take care of it soon.
    I doubt it. He is very interested in making this one disappear, as
    he got exposed as someone who mocks, ridicules and judges all
    those who have committed suicide.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 22:571 edit
    Let's have a little face to face air cleaning with respect to a human being's decision to commit suicide. The word "insult" was in fact too harsh; I retract it with a public apology to all contributors to this thread who were deeply offended. Here's the back story. There was an actual incident which occurred approximately twenty years ago involving the ...[text shortened]... ssional help at the very onset of depression and/or the temptation to summarily end their lives.
    Your 'syntax' is not what is offensive and your "back story" is unimpressive as an excuse for your disgraceful attitude towards the most helpless, despondent and lost in this world. Some of whom are friends and family of those here.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 08:42
    For an added laugh, I invite you all to check how great of a parent
    Bobby claims to be. I bet his kids laugh at people who commit suicide
    too.

Thread 166481

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree