1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Jan '16 14:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ok, wait. We are talking about Jimmy Carter, right? The 39th President of the United States? The man who has spent most of his life after the presidency building homes for homeless and disadvantaged people rather than making untold millions by giving speeches? The man who, when news came out about his brain cancer, was inundated with letters from well-w ...[text shortened]... e. I simply find it near unbelievable that Jimmy Carter could be "hated" by so many even today.
    To be fair Suzi, 99% of everything Carter has done came AFTER he was in the White House. As a President, he was an epic failure. He will forever be remembered as the one who gave away the Panama Canal for nothing.

He has shown to be a great humanitarian with Habitat for Humanity and his religious undertakings and for that he has been held in high esteem.

Hillary , on the other hand, is a loathsome individual better suited for a prison cell than a White House stint. Sorry.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 07:35
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    In Australia, the UK, and clearly in Canada too, it's the other way around. Blue means conservative, red means liberal. We are all aware that Americans use a different terminology for many things, and feel no need to change our current setup.

That won't change in 2016.
    I wasn't even aware of this. How bizarre.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 07:521 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    To be fair Suzi, 99% of everything Carter has done came AFTER he was in the White House. As a President, he was an epic failure. He will forever be remembered as the one who gave away the Panama Canal for nothing.

He has shown to be a great humanitarian with Habitat for Humanity and his religious undertakings and for that he has been held in high est ...[text shortened]... hand, is a loathsome individual better suited for a prison cell than a White House stint. Sorry.
    Oh, I realize that Carter is considered the most dismal President ever by many. Some also consider this another badge of honor. But I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Panama Canal giveaway either.

We clearly don't see eye-to-eye on Hillary. But that's to be expected; you're from Texas. 🙂 The one I think belongs in prison is Dick Cheney. Plus (and I know this will sound horrific to you), I think the President who was the worst for our country was Ronald Reagan. We're still trying to dig out from his tampering with the "gub-mint". Just ask the Air Traffic Controllers. All conservatives in this country should get down on their knees every morning and "Thank Reagan" that every one of them isn't seen as the scum that almost ruined this country. Somehow he made "Liberal" a bad word and most of us pariahs. I'm just thankful another Clinton, Bill, came along when he did, or we'd all be a hell of a lot worse off than we are.

/soapboxmode OFF

But I'm not gonna argue with you. 😀
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '16 21:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, I realize that Carter is considered the most dismal President ever by many. Some also consider this another badge of honor. But I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Panama Canal giveaway either.

We clearly don't see eye-to-eye on Hillary. But that's to be expected; you're from Texas. 🙂 The one I think belongs in prison is Dick Cheney. Plus (and ...[text shortened]... l of a lot worse off than we are.

/soapboxmode OFF

But I'm not gonna argue with you. 😀
    Jimmy Carter is the only lving (ex-)president of the USA whose hand I'd deign to shake. Clinton and Obama I'd talk to but no more and Clinton not all that civilly either, the Bushes I'd happily spit on.

Hillary... no. As far as personal morals go she's probably not as bad as her hubby, but as a politician I find her deeply unsympathetic. She's clearly the driving force behind the Clinton's hunger for power and money, and people like that should not be trusted. Less corrupt than the Grubbers' Old Party's candidates, sure, but never actually decent or trustworthy in any aspect of her personality.

Ray-Gun Ronnie, sure. The rest of the world knew he was demented rather before his doctors announced it to the USA.

As for Dick Cheney, too late. He's done his damage. Easily the most evil person in this post, and if I thought he still had real influence I'd call for his elimination for the good of the rest of the world and even his own home state, but what should be done about him is declare him personally and the entire Halliburton conglomerate bankrupt, and sell off the assets to repair some of the immeasurable damage he's gleefully done.

All in all, not a pretty lot, but then, what do you expect for career politicians, and worse, ones whose apex career lasts eight years plus whatever they can grub together on the lecture circuit? Tory BLiar is no better.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 12:42
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    1) Britain will vote to stay in the EU by a significant majority as people realise that otherwise we will have nothing to complain about.

2) Kurdistan will fight a secession war with Turkey.
    For the second prediction I would Need a criterion. In fact I think that it could be argued that this war is going on since the foundation of Turkey. I know that the PKK declared a truce some years ago. But it seems like some heavy fighting was already reported in 2015.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 13:56
    No more predictions? NOthing spectacular will happen? No famous bucket Kickers?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 14:20
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    No more predictions? NOthing spectacular will happen? No famous bucket Kickers?
    A Jakarta/Paris-like gunmen-and-bombs attack in a Saudi Arabian city aimed at the ruling royal family and reportedly orchestrated by ISIS or ISIS-influenced dissident Saudis.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 15:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    1) Despite the drama "memo" thread and possibly dropping his sub, Grampy Bobby won't leave RHP and will continue to spam the forums and be his usual attention-seeking opinion-dividing pompousness.

2) Landiqueen170 will be discovered to be a cross-dressing gender-switch male hairdresser from Luton.
    1) this I would only count as fulfilled on 31st of december...
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 17:362 edits
    Novak Djokovic will win all 4 Grand Slam tennis tournaments.

There will be a new global financial crisis.

Apple will release a compact version of the iPhone.

DeepMind's AI will beat the world's top Go player.

I will gain a distinction in the first module of my Computing & IT BSc degree.

If a vaccine for the Zika virus isn't discovered extremely quickly, the Rio Olympic Games will be a disaster for Brazil.

Players of Grand Theft Auto 6 will be able to control real people (against their will, naturally) through the game interface. Popular choices will be Kim Jong Il, Pharrell Williams, Lady Gaga and Seitse.

The leader of Britain's Labour Party will devote substantial consideration to symbolically affording human rights to objects such as eggcups and bottles of moisturiser.
  10. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 08:41
    1. Hilary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential nomination.
    2. Hilary Clinton will be the next President of the United States of America.
    3. Magnus Carlsen will beat whoever wins the Candidates' Tournament in the next World Championship match.
    4. More athletes will be found to have doped at the Olympics, utilising a currently undetectable substance.
    5. Stephen Hawking will die this year
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 19:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Bernie Sanders will win the election and give us all free subscriptions! 😵
    WOO HOO!

yesh
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 02:16
    Red Hot Pawn Forum Moderation will enforce Forum Guidelines and Terms of Service
    in the interest of raising its Public Forum's Standards of Civility..
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 12:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Red Hot Pawn Forum Moderation will enforce Forum Guidelines and Terms of Service
    in the interest of raising its Public Forum's Standards of Civility..
    That one is big indeed.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 15:27
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    The Clan forum will be reinstated.

😀😀😀😀
    We do have a succesful one.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '16 15:37
    Little green people in yellow shirts will drink all Starbucks coffee and no one else could get even a single one cup.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree