1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '16 04:23
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Time stamps do not determine the order in which messages appear. There is no time machine at work here, messages appear in the order they are posted.
    You didn't get it either then, despite it being so blatant. I think both you are Suzianne are engaged in an ecstasy of fumbling for your gas masks. 😉
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jun '16 05:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're just not getting what my comment about different time zones is all about.
    The point is that it is irrelevant for this contest how the clocks in your personal world tick. I declare myself the authority over it. So you can feel that you were predicting, but for the purpose of the contest the numbers given on the posts are relevant.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jun '16 05:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    You didn't get it either then, despite it being so blatant. I think both you are Suzianne are engaged in an ecstasy of fumbling for your gas masks. 😉
    What is there to get?

...ptobler had posted the endresult before you did post your "prediction"

You predicted a result after the result was posted. Your time machine was supposed to take you back to before the endresult was known, not after.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '16 06:42
    You predicted a result after the result was posted. Your time machine was supposed to take you back to before the endresult was known, not after.
    Exactly! I think you are starting to cotton on.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '16 06:47
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The point is that it is irrelevant for this contest how the clocks in your personal world tick. I declare myself the authority over it. So you can feel that you were predicting, but for the purpose of the contest the numbers given on the posts are relevant.
    I am always about 6 hours 'into the future' compared to you folks in Europe. As a result, you and the events you engage in are always playing catch up relative to me. I celebrate New Year's Day before you. I wake up before you. And so on. Your football also lags behind. I made my prediction during this time lag while the momentous football event had not yet caught up with us,here. I nipped into that ever present "gap" and made my brilliant prediction. And so I think my prediction stands. Surely? 😉
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 15:02
    divegester and Deep Thought erred when predicting that the UK would stay in the EU...
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 07:38
    Nobody predicted a coup attempt in Turkey...
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 08:00
    Nobody predicted a coup attempt in Turkey...
    Huh? You mean I didn't click on 'Post'?? جي أزيز !!!
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 05:23
    It doesn't matter how well Bernie does because the fix is in for Hillary. Bernie is a loyal party man, so I doubt he will go the third party candidate route... he has a lot more to gain (politically) by staying in the game, and then encouraging his followers to vote for Clinton when she becomes the nominee.

But Bernie and Trump are both perceived as es ...[text shortened]... Bernie supporters regard their candidate as being outside the Washington establishment as well.
    Originally posted by Handy Andy
    Don't count Bernie out.

It doesn't matter how well Bernie does because the fix is in for Hillary. Bernie is a loyal party man, so I doubt he will go the third party candidate route... he has a lot more to gain (politically) by staying in the game, and then encouraging his followers to vote for Clinton when she becomes the nominee.

Does this count as a prediction?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 08:43
    predictions for 2016
    David Moyes sacked by Sunderland just before Christmas 2016, the second managerial casualty of the EPL season.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 16:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    David Moyes sacked by Sunderland just before Christmas 2016, the second managerial casualty of the EPL season.
    I predict that Islamic terrorists will hijack an oil tanker or another large ship and crash it into a major city port .
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 15:28
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I predict that Islamic terrorists will hijack an oil tanker or another large ship and crash it into a major city port .
    Lets hope that the IS terrorist don't get ideas from this thread...
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 08:58
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Novak Djokovic will win all 4 Grand Slam tennis tournaments.

There will be a new global financial crisis.

Apple will release a compact version of the iPhone.

DeepMind's AI will beat the world's top Go player.

I will gain a distinction in the first module of my Computing & IT BSc degree.

If a vaccine for the Zika virus isn't discovered ...[text shortened]... on to symbolically affording human rights to objects such as eggcups and bottles of moisturiser.
    The Zika vaccine did not come, but can the Olympiad be counted as disaster??
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 09:09
    Originally posted by Handy Andy
    Don't count Bernie out.

[b]It doesn't matter how well Bernie does because the fix is in for Hillary. Bernie is a loyal party man, so I doubt he will go the third party candidate route... he has a lot more to gain (politically) by staying in the game, and then encouraging his followers to vote for Clinton when she becomes the nominee.

Does this count as a prediction?[/b]
    No, neither does "The moon will continue to orbit the earth and the earth will continue to orbit the sun."
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 10:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, neither does "The moon will continue to orbit the earth and the earth will continue to orbit the sun."
    Half right is still wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree