1. Standard memberTrickyt57
    I am not a god.
    Asgard
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 19:33
    2018 Self-drive cars MUST have a ddriver by law.

2022 It becomes illegal to steer a self-drive car.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 19:391 edit
    Originally posted by Trickyt57

By 2022, not only will it be illegal to drive a car, your guns will be gone and to breath the air you will need a government permit.

To exhale you will need a government mandated anti-CO2 filter.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 20:052 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    By 2022, not only will it be illegal to drive a car, your guns will be gone and to breath the air you will need a government permit.

Providing mankind hasn't killed off itself before then.

Every single person on this site will be dead!!!

-VR
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 08:50

Very improbable. If you had posted 2032 more probably and by 2052 maybe even true.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 08:50
    Originally posted by whodey

rubbish
  6. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 09:07

Same as it always was,self help is recommended
  7. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 09:17
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Very improbable. If you had posted 2032 more probably and by 2052 maybe even true.
    and btw I'll be in my prime
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 12:04
    By 2050, the emergence of intelligent robots will kill the medical profession since they will diagnoss illness 10 times more accurately and can perform surgeries taking many hours without tiring, the medical profession will be limited to the poor districts of counrties, outback, up north in Canada and so forth.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 13:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    By 2050, the emergence of intelligent robots will kill the medical profession since they will diagnoss illness 10 times more accurately and can perform surgeries taking many hours without tiring, the medical profession will be limited to the poor districts of counrties, outback, up north in Canada and so forth.
    Sonhouse,
    You are obviously from the U.S. comparing Canada up North to a poor country. I've had friends that have been in parts of the U.S. that said the areas they were in actually resembled 3rd world countries. Seems you don't look after your own very well. Probably why Trump got elected promising the middle class jobs.

-VR
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 15:46
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sonhouse,
    You are obviously from the U.S. comparing Canada up North to a poor country. I've had friends that have been in parts of the U.S. that said the areas they were in actually resembled 3rd world countries. Seems you don't look after your own very well. Probably why Trump got elected promising the middle class jobs.

-VR
    Not in any way casting aspersions on Canadians, just saying if robots do the work of present day surgeons a lot better than humans, medicine will be done by humans only in sparcely populated areas, that's all I was driving at. Sorry to offend.
  11. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 16:20
    Not in any way casting aspersions on Canadians, just saying if robots do the work of present day surgeons a lot better than humans, medicine will be done by humans only in sparcely populated areas, that's all I was driving at. Sorry to offend.
    By 2020 computers will become self aware.
    Long before 2050 robots will take over.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 16:571 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    By 2020 computers will become self aware.
    Long before 2050 robots will take over.
    3 years to 2020? Don't think so. My guess is 2050 for self aware robots. How does one go about establishing self awareness in a computer or robot anyway? A super Watson comp like the one who beat the humans at jeopardy, could have all the facts of say the library of Congress or the Smithsonian library or both and just talking to it you could say 'how bout them Red's' and it would go off on communism and the Redsox and recite a litany of facts. It might even understand human psychology so when asked 'how do you feel' it could come up with a phrase making people think it was sentient but just having a million phrase stock of answers.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 14:18
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    rubbish
    Actually, rubbish will be outlawed.

It's bad for the environment.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 22:37
    Someone will figure out a way to tax sunlight.
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 20:56
    3 years to 2020? Don't think so. My guess is 2050 for self aware robots. How does one go about establishing self awareness in a computer or robot anyway? A super Watson comp like the one who beat the humans at jeopardy, could have all the facts of say the library of Congress or the Smithsonian library or both and just talking to it you could say 'how bout t ...[text shortened]... a phrase making people think it was sentient but just having a million phrase stock of answers.
    Well I was reading an article by some computer experts at MIT who said computers will become self aware in 3/4 years.
    As you said they will have every bit of knowledge at their finger tips coupled with human intellect / cunning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree