1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 18:444 edits
    It started in New Zealand in 2004. It arrived in Wales today. As I drove into work I found myself being a bit more courteous to my fellow drivers. On the TV before I left for work this morning they were discussing queues. I heard that someone had emailed the BBC Breakfast show to mentioned that there had been a lovely woman at the checkout in Aldi's with a very full trolley last Saturday morning who had kindly allowed the person to go in front. All the person had was a bunch of flowers for their mum.

I was that woman! 😵
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 19:29
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    It started in New Zealand in 2004. It arrived in Wales today. As I drove into work I found myself being a bit more courteous to my fellow drivers. On the TV before I left for work this morning they were discussing queues. I heard that someone had emailed the BBC Breakfast show to mentioned that there had been a lovely woman at the checkout in Aldi's with ...[text shortened]... to go in front. All the person had was a bunch of flowers for their mum.

I was that woman! 😵
    Well I have a story that happened on our recent (back yesterday) Cuban vacation which was the antithesis of the thread. I was standing in line to make reservations for one of the a la cart restaurants at our resort. I was 5th in line of about 30 people. The 3rd person in line was a Spanish gentleman, the 4th in line was actually a group (3) of German ladies. The Spanish man didn't speak English. He gestured to the groups behind if he could keep his space while he went to the washroom. As the process had just begun we all gestured that sure that was OK. He left and by the time he'd returned the first person had made their reservation, he, the Spanish man returned and went to take his spot. The German ladies insisted he go to the back of the line, in spite of all of us, including them, had said it would be OK. He stayed in 3rd spot and after the 2nd person had finished he went to make his reservation when the 3 "ladies" butted in front of him. The Spanish man just shrugged his shoulders. They spent a good 10 minutes making their choices a process that had taken the others ahead of them 2 minutes. He made his in about a minute as did he. Some people eh? Good on The Spanish fellow and shame on the "ladies".
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 19:363 edits
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    It started in New Zealand in 2004. It arrived in Wales today. As I drove into work I found myself being a bit more courteous to my fellow drivers. On the TV before I left for work this morning they were discussing queues. I heard that someone had emailed the BBC Breakfast show to mentioned that there had been a lovely woman at the checkout in Aldi's with ...[text shortened]... to go in front. All the person had was a bunch of flowers for their mum.

I was that woman! 😵
    I do that quite often because I'm seldom in a hurry when I do the shopping. It makes life so much easier and much more pleasant, but I have never heard it mentioned on TV. 🙂
    Well done of you.
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 20:17
    Waiting for Suzi to jump in and say she just donated a kidney to a stranger 😴
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 07:07
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Well I have a story that happened on our recent (back yesterday) Cuban vacation which was the antithesis of the thread. I was standing in line to make reservations for one of the a la cart restaurants at our resort. I was 5th in line of about 30 people. The 3rd person in line was a Spanish gentleman, the 4th in line was actually a group (3) of German ...[text shortened]... about a minute as did he. Some people eh? Good on The Spanish fellow and shame on the "ladies".
    How mean of them.

On my route to work there's a short stretch at which two extremely congested lanes of traffic merge into one. It's about 30 metres beyond a set of traffic lights. Now these lights only stay on green for half a minute so it's important that the both lanes of traffic bunch up to maximise the number of cars getting through. What drives me nuts is that there's always some small minded driver who just has to drive in the centre of 2 lanes...in order that no one can pass him or her.
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 10:34
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Well I have a story that happened on our recent (back yesterday) Cuban vacation which was the antithesis of the thread. I was standing in line to make reservations for one of the a la cart restaurants at our resort. I was 5th in line of about 30 people. The 3rd person in line was a Spanish gentleman, the 4th in line was actually a group (3) of German ...[text shortened]... about a minute as did he. Some people eh? Good on The Spanish fellow and shame on the "ladies".
    You would think that people on vacation should take it easy and just enjoy the moment.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 15:29
    Originally posted by Torunn
    You would think that people on vacation should take it easy and just enjoy the moment.
    You would certainly expect so wouldn't you? I guess it takes all kinds....even on holiday.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 17:07
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    What in the hell is wrong with you, and is FMF paying you?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 10:39
    I heard somebody tried to assassinate Trump.
    That counts , right?
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 22:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I heard somebody tried to assassinate Trump.
    That counts , right?
    Did his secret service agents shout Donald duck ?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 22:06
    I think it would be more a case of... she's lost count of how many of her kidneys she's donated... etc. etc. 😛
  12. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 04:35
    And a lung!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree