1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 00:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Good Fight - series 1 - a spin-off from (or sequel to) The Good Wife centering on the Diane Lockhart character but also featuring a lot of other people from the previous show. I've only watched one episode so far and I thoroughly enjoyed it... same old same old but in a good way... I reckon Christine Baranski has got plenty enough screen presence and good writing to carry this off for who knows how many series.
    Nine episodes in. Excellent stuff!

Also getting some screen time chez FMF are Homeland (final episode should be available for download in about an hour or two), Billions, Legion, and series 1 of Red Dwarf.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 23:24
    Feud
    Susan Sarrandon as Betty Davis and Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford. Good.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '17 23:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    series 1 of Red Dwarf.
    Series 11, I mean. The one where they are in a space ship.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 13:48
    Homeland and Americans
    First series is adaption of Izraelian series and Saul Berenson character (actor Mandy Patikin) looks like a Jew, and latter is in British spirit, under influence of Le Carre.
    Claire Danes is cute and it's role of her life (so far) and operatives are too mossadish.

In Americans actors look like like parodies in commercials from seventies. Unbelievably that Americans can act so - British.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 13:53
    The Game and Night Manager.
    Again two spy series.
    First looks like a parody of Le Carre's novels, and the latter, although really based on Le Carre's novels, looks like briticized version of an American spy story with Guy Ritchie.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 06:32
    Line Of Duty series 4.

The usual taut, well acted, carefully plotted thriller/police procedural.

The hard nut, joyless, brainy, driven-and-stressed Thandie Newton (who was one of the highlights of 2016's superb Westworld) is the bent copper that AC-12 (internal affairs in the UK) has in its cross hairs.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 13:37
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The second season is very shallow as of now. We think about quitting this.
    The third season was well again. Though there is some inconsistency Overall.

Now we have to wait for the fourth season 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 01:25
    Harlots

UK, ITV.

A bonkfest given a gleam of dodgy glamour as an C18th period drama. I am disappointed. But it was written, directed and produced [somewhat unusually] by an all-woman team, so I hope my initial reaction [I watched half of episode 1 before giving up] is off target and premature. I will give it another try when I have nothing better to do.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 04:51
    Castle on Fox channel.
    Male part of the pair is overweight, has to hide paunch with big shirts, is wearing a wig and has scars on his face. No action from him.
    Very atypical for American series.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 05:441 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Castle on Fox channel.
    Male part of the pair is overweight, has to hide paunch with big shirts, is wearing a wig and has scars on his face. No action from him.
    Very atypical for American series.
    Nathan Fillion was in the excellent, quirky, cowboys-in-space sci-fi series called Firefly 15 or so years ago that was axed by Fox even before all its episodes had been screened.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '17 13:591 edit
    NCSI Los Angeles
    I don't watch it, only sometimes see minute or two. No actors that can attract my attention. Not even Linda Hunt who looks mummified.

Fortitude
    however, looks interesting, Serbian national channel airs one episode each Sunday, yesterday I saw 3rd episode. I wish I could move to this town. Like Twin Peaks in ice cream freezing truck. Very, very intriguing series.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '17 14:161 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Fortitude
    however, looks interesting, Serbian national channel airs one episode each Sunday, yesterday I saw 3rd episode. I wish I could move to this town. Like Twin Peaks in ice cream freezing truck. Very, very intriguing series.
    Series 1 or series 2?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '17 14:40
    Series 1
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 May '17 10:49
    I don't know if that Counts: we have now watched the fourth season of Sherlock a very interesting Hommage to Arthur Canon Doyled detective.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '17 12:021 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I don't know if that Counts: we have now watched the fourth season of Sherlock a very interesting Hommage to Arthur Canon Doyled detective.
    I was disappointed by how they tried to blend in some James Bond genre stuff with what is already a precious and particular genre all of its own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree