1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 16:49
    Did our main food shop over the weekend, but while out and about today my wife had us pop into M&S to buy a few items we had missed. (Top of her hit list rice vinegar and salt). Collected a basket, just in case other items presented themselves, however it soon became apparent that we were to conclude our shop with only a small tub of sage in our basket. (Apparently M&S didn't have the 'right kind' of vinegar or salt).

Felt rather ridiculous standing there at checkout with a basket containing only a small tub of sage.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 19:30
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Did our main food shop over the weekend, but while out and about today my wife had us pop into M&S to buy a few items we had missed. (Top of her hit list rice vinegar and salt). Collected a basket, just in case other items presented themselves, however it soon became apparent that we were to conclude our shop with only a small tub of sage in our bask ...[text shortened]... rather ridiculous standing there at checkout with a basket containing only a small tub of sage.
    You would have felt even more silly if the basket was empty.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 19:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You would have felt even more silly if the basket was empty.
    Or with no basket at all.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 18:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Or with no basket at all.
    The final rub was getting home and discovering a perfectly viable tub of sage in the cupboard.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 23:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The final rub was getting home and discovering a perfectly viable tub of sage in the cupboard.
    That happens to me just about everyday. I go to look for something I need right now, but can't find it, then when I don't need it there it is right where I left it the last time I used it. Tools usually. I have a barn full of stuff and I can't find a thing I need.

Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. I think it's my youngest son doing it. He uses my stuff and doesn't put anything back where he got it. I think he hammers my screwdrivers into the ground. I go to get gas for the lawnmower, but the gas can is empty because Reuben used it in his ATV. He made me buy him an iPhone and I got his old Samsung, which is confusing. Burns up most of the data on my plan too. Seems like everyday I get a call from him asking for some new gadget. When he comes of age in five years my retirement savings will be gone. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree