1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 13:521 edit
    You may have thought this was going to be about people who are "... the center of the universe... or who believe they are the only one, unique, extraordinary" (urbandictionary) but it's NOT. This thread is literally (and strictly) about the cats' whiskers only ~ by which I am referring to the whiskers that cats have. Who would like to contribute first?
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    You may have thought this was going to be about people who are "... the center of the universe... or who believe they are the only one, unique, extraordinary" (urbandictionary) but it's NOT. This thread is literally (and strictly) about the cats' whiskers only ~ by which I am referring to the whiskers that cats have. Who would like to contribute first?
    I'll take a stab. Once one of our cats decided to that it might be a good idea to sniff an ember from the previous night's fire...turned out to be a bad thought although it seemed to be a lesson learned as she never came near the fireplace again.
  3. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    Club 18
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:061 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I'll take a stab. Once one of our cats decided to that it might be a good idea to sniff an ember from the previous night's fire...turned out to be a bad thought although it seemed to be a lesson learned as she never came near the fireplace again.
    Can you confirm that what happened to the cat's whiskers is an integral part of this story?
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you confirm that what happened to the cat's whiskers is an integral part of this story?
    Affirmative. It lost a good part of it's left sides whiskers.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:09
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Club 18
    I was going to sound an IDIOMATIC USAGE (AND NOT ACTUAL CAT'S WHISKERS) ALERT but I suppose the club photo precluded me from doing so.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:312 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I built a cat's whiskers radio when I was a kid. It is a kind of semiconductor rectifier you can use to make a zero transistor radio.

If you think I am BS'ing you, here is a link and an image, scroll down to "Crystal detectors' and there is an image of one kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio

It was fascinating to me as an 8 yo kid when you touched the cat whisker to various parts of the galena crystal you could find louder places on it clearly audible difference in volume depending on just where you touched the galena with the little wire of the whisker.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 00:05
    I pull my cat's whiskers to annoy him. When he is sleeping I tickle his feet by just barely touching the tips of the hairs between the pads of his paws. Drives him crazy. He'll awaken and latch onto my hand with his claws and make me bleed.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 00:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I built a cat's whiskers radio when I was a kid. It is a kind of semiconductor rectifier you can use to make a zero transistor radio.

If you think I am BS'ing you, here is a link and an image, scroll down to "Crystal detectors' and there is an image of one kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio

It was fascinating to me as an 8 yo kid whe ...[text shortened]... ce in volume depending on just where you touched the galena with the little wire of the whisker.
    You touched your galena with cat whiskers when you were 8 years old?

Were the whiskers still attached to the cat when you did that?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 01:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    You touched your galena with cat whiskers when you were 8 years old?

Were the whiskers still attached to the cat when you did that?
    Did you read the link? Guess not. spouting off again without knowing what I am talking about. Do you even know what galena is? Iron Pyrite? Lead pyrite? Why don't you actually read the link before making an ass out of yourself.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 06:46
    Did you read the link? Guess not. spouting off again without knowing what I am talking about. Do you even know what galena is? Iron Pyrite? Lead pyrite? Why don't you actually read the link before making an ass out of yourself.
    Cheez wiz sonhouse, I was just foolin' with ya!

See? You're takin' ur self too seriously. Of course I knew what you were talkin' about. I ain't that stupid!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 10:42
    Cheez wiz sonhouse, I was just foolin' with ya!

See? You're takin' ur self too seriously. Of course I knew what you were talkin' about. I ain't that stupid!
    Ok, fair enough. Did you build a crystal set radio when you were a kid?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 10:45
    Ok, fair enough. Did you build a crystal set radio when you were a kid?
    No. To be honest, compared to you I was the dumbest kid on the block. In the classroom I was the one sitting in the back row picking his nose.

But I knew God loved me. And nobody even had to tell me that either.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 10:46
    No. To be honest, compared to you I was the dumbest kid on the block. In the classroom I was the one sitting in the back row picking his nose.

But I knew God loved me. And nobody even had to tell me that either.
    Well it's good you had at least one friend who never bullied you at least.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 10:53
    Well it's good you had at least one friend who never bullied you at least.
    Truth is I never was bullied. I was too smart for that. 😉

But God chastises his own, and I'm telling you I get chastised a lot. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree