1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 02:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Because Syria goes all the way up to the Turkey-Syria border.

Why would a bomber be flying so close to the border? Of course this does not excuse Turkey for their hostile actions but does a country always wait until the exact moment their airspace is invaded? Four miles from a border sounds too close to comfort to me. How fast was the plan flying I wonder? It may have been on course to cross the border in seconds?

So the Turkish pilot thought the Russian plane was going to bomb Turkey?
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 02:38
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Peter Cook ("I'd have been a judge but I didn't have the Latin" ) and Dudley Moore (who played "Derek and Clive" respectively). It was said of Peter Cook that he could walk into a room of total strangers and have them all in gales of laughter within minutes.
    I would loved to have been invited to your dinner. I LOVED The Wrong Box.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 02:421 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 02:45
    What threat did a solitary plane pose? Did Turkey seriously think it was going to attack?
    The way to deal with it was to gather evidence and then diplomatically shame Russia -
    not shoot it down!
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 02:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What threat did a solitary plane pose? Did Turkey seriously think it was going to attack?
    The way to deal with it was to gather evidence and then diplomatically shame Russia -
    not shoot it down!
    Did the Turks shoot down the plane (which is capable of Mach 2.2) by "mistake" and count on the rest of those in NATO to back them up?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 03:10
    No one else is using Sukhoi Su-24s for a bombing campaign against ISIS. And Turkey is also bombing ISIS. I don't see why Turkey would think that it is going to be bombed or invaded by Russia.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 03:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 03:231 edit
    I concur. You mention some interesting thoughts.

My alarm bells went off when I heard a B-list US military functionary/spokesman on BBC Radio wittering on about how it was "exactly the right thing to do" when it seems pretty clear that either [1] it was a huge cock up which no one should be defending or [2] it was a huge calculated stab in the back to another country fighting ISIS and therefore almost every spinning thing coming out of pro-Turkey duckspeaking mouths is outright lies. Either way, the narrative that's being spun seems to be at variance with the facts.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 13:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    I concur. You mention some interesting thoughts.

My alarm bells went off when I heard a B-list US military functionary/spokesman on BBC Radio wittering on about how it was "exactly the right thing to do" when it seems pretty clear that either [1] it was a huge cock up which no one should be defending or [2] it was a huge calculated stab in the back to another ...[text shortened]... tright lies. Either way, the narrative that's being spun seems to be at variance with the facts.
    Not quite the whole picture there, is it?

Not sure where you get your intelligence, but if you think this is really what's happening, then it is definitely lacking. If you're actually listening to BBC Radio, then you should know far better than what you're purporting here.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 13:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not quite the whole picture there, is it?

Not sure where you get your intelligence, but if you think this is really what's happening, then it is definitely lacking. If you're actually listening to BBC Radio, then you should know far better than what you're purporting here.
    Your post contains nothing other than that you disagree with what I have said. People would have known that even without you posting.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 13:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your post contains nothing other than that you disagree with what I have said. People would have known that even without you posting.
    Sorry, not gonna do your homework for you. Go research the real world, then get back to us, with or without an apology for your ranting and raving about how "we" have it all wrong.

If you can even figure it out, that is. Not real sure about that much, even.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 14:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Sorry, not gonna do your homework for you. Go research the real world, then get back to us, with or without an apology for your ranting and raving about how "we" have it all wrong.

If you can even figure it out, that is. Not real sure about that much, even.
    I think people already know that you're going to disagree with me on pretty much everything - so, it's no surprise that you are disagreeing with me here - but this is two posts in a row now and you still haven't offered anything to the discussion.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 14:33
    Today's question is...

What is the level of creativity involved in copy pasting
    sanctimonious, passive aggressive drivel?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 15:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Today's Question

November 25, 2015: If you were hosting a private dinner party for celebrities
    past and present since time began, whom would you invite and why?
    Today's Question

November 26, 2015: What in your considered opinion is the greatest fallacy in the world today?
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 15:57
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Today's question is...

[b]What is the level of creativity involved in copy pasting
    sanctimonious, passive aggressive drivel?
    [/b]
    Zero

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree