1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade." (anon); however, if life gives you a cactus, what should you do with it?
    Ask for suggestions from people online.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:16
    Today's Question

30th September 1938

Now that a war in Europe has been averted thanks to the efforts of Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain, what are the prospects for Anglo-German relations and for the continent of Europe generally?
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 10:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 10:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And September 3rd a poorly prepared United Kingdom
    declared war on Germany - honouring its pledge to Poland.

USA watched and sold the UK some warships which were
    finally paid for in 2001 (I think)
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 22:45
    Today's Question

November 30, 2015: What is your view regarding the significance of global warming or climate change?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 00:40
    [b]Today's Question

November 30, 2015: What is your view regarding the significance of global warming or climate change?[/b]
    A: I personally think we are past the prevention or reduction stage ~ if ever there was one ~ and that now the key activities need to be things like mitigation, risk reduction, disaster management, and community empowerment - especially those that are vulnerable.

Q: Will there ever be wireless electricity?
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 02:07
    Today's Question

November 30, 2015: What is your view regarding the significance of global warming or climate change?
    What do you mean by "climate change"?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 03:101 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    What do you mean by "climate change"?
    Google "climate change/definition":
    "noun: climate change; plural noun: climate changes. a change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels."
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 03:28
    Google "climate change/definition":
    "noun: climate change; plural noun: climate changes. a change in global or regional climate patterns, in particular a change apparent from the mid to late 20th century onwards and attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels."
    Then you believe that climate change is most probably triggered by human activity rather than by natural causes. Is that correct?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 03:59
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Then you believe that climate change is most probably triggered by human activity rather than by natural causes. Is that correct?
    "November 30, 2015: What is your view regarding the significance of global warming or climate change?"

Note: I have no knowledge about this controversial item that news media covered throughout the day..
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 04:11
    November 24, 2015: What pet peeves did you have as a teenager and do you still have them now?
    yes, it's name was ish
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 04:18
    What is your view regarding the significance of global warming or climate change?
    If you have "no knowledge" about this subject, are you hoping to get "knowledge" here from the people on this forum?
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 04:23
    My thought ...
    Instead of focusing on trying to leave our planet better for our children, maybe we should focus on trying to leave better children for our planet?

Half kidding 😕
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 04:25
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    My thought ...
    Instead of focusing on trying to leave our planet better for our children, maybe we should focus on trying to leave better children for our planet?

Half kidding 😕
    I'm half wondering why you think this has to be an Either-Or choice. Why the word "instead"?
  15. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 04:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm half wondering why you think this has to be an Either-Or choice. Why the word "instead"?
    I could have completely guessed this would have been your reply. lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree