1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 15:25
    Every once in a while I notice that the number of my Twitter followers is decreased.
    It is sad - although less sad then when someone unfriends you on FB - and I wondered who they were... (And why they did it.)

I found a simple albeit laborious way to find all my unfollowers. I intend to publish that list on my blog.

When you log in on FB, and discover you have one or two friends less, it is as you come back home from work and find empty closets and kitchen, and message from your wife Dear John... or as Party official in East Europe finds out he is replaced on radio news. Just before he will be detained and prosecuted.

Or, unfriending is the same as old tribal custom of boycotting unruly fellow tribesmen.

By publishing the names of my Twitter-unfollowers, I am taking the bull by the horns, instead of withering of sorrow and ostracism.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 20:29
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Every once in a while I notice that the number of my Twitter followers is decreased.
    It is sad - although less sad then when someone unfriends you on FB - and I wondered who they were... (And why they did it.)

I found a simple albeit laborious way to find all my unfollowers. I intend to publish that list on my blog.

When you log in on FB, and dis ...[text shortened]... er-unfollowers, I am taking the bull by the horns, instead of withering of sorrow and ostracism.
    Good grief, man.

If you got all your online "friends" and "followers" in one room, chances are that you wouldn't know any of them. That's just the way the internet works, and it presumes much.

"Friends"? I don't know who you are. Can't I just "acquaintance" you? 🙂
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 06:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Good grief, man.

If you got all your online "friends" and "followers" in one room, chances are that you wouldn't know any of them. That's just the way the internet works, and it presumes much.

That's a very sensible approach to online as well as real life relationships.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 08:58
    Originally posted by vandervelde

When you log in on FB, and dis ...[text shortened]... er-unfollowers, I am taking the bull by the horns, instead of withering of sorrow and ostracism.
    I have never understood the appeal of twitter, can you explain it to me?
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 10:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have never understood the appeal of twitter, can you explain it to me?
    We use it for real time updates during outages. Perfect for short and frequent status posts.

It does have its uses.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 11:10
    Good grief, man.

"Friends"? I don't know who you are. Can't I just "acquaintance" you?"

Another noun/verb conversion coined which attests to the increasing tempo of our lives,
    as a result of the technology that's made social media a reality in our lifetimes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree