Moves
    28 Nov '15 14:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    MacT - gone
    Vespers - gone
    Stardweeb - gone
    Radioslobber - gone
    Romadrool - gone

who is left from our once vibrant community? only me and the lemony one. No more taunting, goading and ridiculing. So sad.
    It's only been a couple of weeks and they are all over at chess.com screwing up thier forums.

Job done by Russ I'd say.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 15:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's only been a couple of weeks and they are all over at chess.com screwing up thier forums.

Job done by Russ I'd say.
    Ordinarily, I'd say it was a brilliant ploy by Russ to send our RHP rejects off to a competing site.

But the chess.com forums were already pretty screwed up before.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 15:292 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Ordinarily, I'd say it was a brilliant ploy by Russ to send our RHP rejects off to a competing site.

But the chess.com forums were already pretty screwed up before.
    I reject the premise that it was a brilliant move. Had the forum moderation adequately dealt with the situation it would not have allowed itself to escalate to the point where people were being banned. Simply issue a warning and if its ignored a forum ban. If they do it again increase the forum ban. People don't leave the site because they want to, they leave it because they feel they have been treated unfairly or unjustly.

Chess dot com suffers from the fact that most of the content is pure drool. Crybabies have managed to sanitise the content to the stage where its nothing but insipid drivel that is allowed to pass. You are not allowed to name and shame, you are not supposed to mention religion, you are not supposed to mention politics, you are not supposed to mention rival chess sites, like they don't exist. As a site personally I find that chess dot com tries to dumb everything down, its not correspondence chess but 'daily chess' as if correspondence is too large a word and might put some prospective airheads off joining the site.

The issue of how sites deal with cheating is rather interesting. Here there used to be moderation. Why it failed i cannot say. At chess dot com they simply ban you outright. On lichess dot com they label you as someone who uses computer assistance. You cannot see it but others can. Its a great pity that people are withholding revenue from this site because of what they perceive as a lack of implementation of a cheating policy. Personally I don't care because i know that I cannot beat a computer at chess and those who use them are depriving themselves of any chance of becoming a stronger player.

With my friends gone its difficult to see how long I will last hear. Its a great pity, I have learned many things that I did not know before from friends and enemies alike.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 16:031 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 17:16
    there needs to be a compromise
    the mods, if there were any, failed to do their jobs
    warnings should have been issued, perhaps there were, I don't know
    the length of the bans seem much too harsh, way out of proportion
    someone needs to explain
    give them another chance
    you will see a big change
    a much kinder and gentler bunch they will be
    will someone in a position of authority grow a set and open a thread to explain?
  6. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 17:38
    how many from the good old days of the clan forum are still running free in the forums?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 18:15
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    how many from the good old days of the clan forum are still running free in the forums?
    you, the lemony one and I and the whole of the metallics, mostly only forkers, mghoobs and shirleycircuit posted from them anyway.
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 19:391 edit
    without the clan forum the clan matches don't seem important anymore
    no where to cry
    nowhere to advertise their integrity and honesty
    clan participation was on a steep decline anyway
    maybe it's time to say good bye
    poor goober, his greatest accomplishment is now just a whimper
  9. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 19:44
    i think when you can have a clan active just to bring down another and actively giving away cheap points to top clans to try and achieve that aim then yes the clan system is dead on it's arse, can i now have a 3 year ban?
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 19:49
    i think when you can have a clan active just to bring down another and actively giving away cheap points to top clans to try and achieve that aim then yes the clan system is dead on it's arse, can i now have a 3 year ban?
    What? You'd give up playing me?
  11. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:00
    forum ban Stees, not a game ban!
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:03
    forum ban Stees, not a game ban!
    Gotcha. Hey here's a thought Wycombeone...why not a self imposed 3 year forum ban eh? Who needs a mod?
  13. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:24
    i'm not sure i have the force in me to give myself a 3 year self imposed ban
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:28
    i'm not sure i have the force in me to give myself a 3 year self imposed ban
    OK look, I'll take the bull by the horns and although not a mod I will impose, just as a friend you understand, a 3 year ban against you partaking of the forums. There, does that help at all?
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:32
    if you really want a ban
    just start advertising your clan
    and don't stop until the boot comes down

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree