1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 May '16 03:36
    Would make you happy.
    As in, not temporarily satisfied, but truly, wholly, happy.

Me: Falling asleep, waking up in Heaven.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '16 04:061 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What would make you happy.
    Sometimes I think it would be good to live nearer to relatives (some of them elderly) back in the country where I was born and where they live. Either that, or for access to them (for my children too) to be far easier than it is. That would increase my happiness, I suppose.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '16 05:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 May '16 05:20
    Would make you happy.

... awaking to each new day.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '16 05:20
    Would make you happy.

I'm fairly happy as it is.

I suppose not having to put up with the asshattery of some of the people I am required to work with would improve my happiness.

Brexit would prove my happiness.

Winning a significant amount on the lottery to enable me to improve the lives of those close to me would improve my happiness.

Waking up one morning to find I was 'myself' but still in my mid-twenties would improve my happiness.

If the second of the two Mimosa tress I planted in my garden last year were to perk up as much as the first, that would improve my happiness.

If Jose was still at Chelsea football club and the team hadn't imploded like a ... imploding thing deep in the sea...that would improve my happiness.

It sounds like you are very unhappy, if you weren't unhappy, that would improve my happiness.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 01:51
    Originally posted by divegeester

I suppose not having to put up with the asshattery of some of the people I am required to work with would improve my happiness.

Winning a significant amount on the lottery to enable me to improve the lives of those close to me would improve my happiness.

Waking up one morning to find ...[text shortened]...

It sounds like you are very unhappy, if you weren't unhappy, that would improve my happiness.
    I can't say that I am unhappy, really.
    Perhaps unsatisfied with small things, but overall, I consider myself happy.
    Always room to grow, I think.

The ultimate happiness, however, is the crux of the question.
    Even if all the small unsatisfying things somehow (inexplicably or otherwise) went "my" way, none of them alone nor all of them together could possible measure up to that ultimate happiness in my scale of values.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 01:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ... awaking to each new day.
    Vomiting.
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 01:55
    Originally posted by divegeester

Waking up one morning to find ...[text shortened]...

Wearing an asshat.
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 01:56

Even if all the small unsatisfying things somehow (inexplicably or otherwise) went "my" way, none of them alone nor all of them together could possible measure up to that ultimate happiness in my scale of values.
    Vomiting.
  10. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 01:56
    Would make you happy.

understanding that the happiness sought is already within...
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 02:01

You sound like you need religion to give you consolation and a bit of a lift ~ to convince yourself you have something really out of this world to look forward to. And it would seem, judging by your OP - where you say "Falling asleep, waking up in Heaven" would make you happy - that's what you've got from your beliefs in the supernatural. If it gives you comfort to dream about waking up in "heaven", I say good for you. 🙂
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 02:32
    Hell if I know!

Perhaps learning to be content with what I have, instead of always wanting things to be different...
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 02:44
    Would make you happy.

Me: I am pretty damn happy now. 1) My kids are doing what they want (enjoy). 2) I am in a relationship that meets both our "needs". 3) I am financially stable. All is well with my world.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 04:55
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Me: I am pretty damn happy now. 1) My kids are doing what they want (enjoy). 2) I am in a relationship that meets both our "needs". 3) I am financially stable. All is well with my world.
    You found the sweet spot.
    Here's to longevity in that harmony.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 05:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    You sound like you need religion to give you consolation and a bit of a lift ~ to convince yourself you have something really out of this world to look forward to. And it would seem, judging by your OP - where you say "Falling asleep, waking up in Heaven" would make you happy - that's what you've got from your beliefs in the supernatural. If it gives you comfort to dream about waking up in "heaven", I say good for you. 🙂
    Not to quibble unnecessarily, but that's all I wanted from before my exposure to all things theological.
    Prior to exegesis this and isagogics that, I just wanted to know the Dude behind it all, to say 'Sup and to sup.
    Not that I thought I had much to offer, other than being His creation and thinking He was pretty effing cool.
    Looking up at the stars as they moved across the night sky, I figured knowing the Who behind that what would be the ultimate of satisfaction.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree