1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 19:21
    Okay hands up, who's the comedian who stole all the patisseries from Muswell Hill?

Recently went there for my wife's birthday with the intention of buying a cake from one of the 3 high end patisseries, as we had done on previous occasions.

We left completely discombobulated by the fact that all 3 patisseries had closed down. 😠

Not cool dude.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 20:25
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Okay hands up, who's the comedian who stole all the patisseries from Muswell Hill?

Recently went there for my wife's birthday with the intention of buying a cake from one of the 3 high end patisseries, as we had done on previous occasions.

We left completely discombobulated by the fact that all 3 patisseries had closed down. 😠

Not cool dude.
    But better for your health.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 22:01

Not cool dude.
    Queen of Tarts closed!!!!
    That's shocking! Somebody putting rents up?

Hope they are not becoming more coffee shops!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 03:09

Not cool dude.
    Just recombobulate and be done with it.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 07:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Queen of Tarts closed!!!!
    That's shocking! Somebody putting rents up?

Hope they are not becoming more coffee shops!
    πŸ™‚

Muswell Hill still boasts an award winning fish and chip shop, but those patisseries will be sorely missed.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 08:18
    Everything keeps changing. The older one gets, the harder it is to just go with the flow. I think I just explained conservatism.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 08:34
    I had to look up Muswell Hill...
    But I will be to London Tuesday7Wednesday on Business and could have a game of chess Tuesday afternoon/evening.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 10:02
    Conditory that is making pastry business is dying off.
    Usually mancan buy cakes and layer cakes only in bakeries as secondary offer.
    I kept tracking of disappeared pastry shops in Belgrade since 1978 and I could write a baedeker for lost sweet tooth oases.

Just like instead of a book store one can over night find a gambling house.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 11:34
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I had to look up Muswell Hill...
    But I will be to London Tuesday7Wednesday on Business and could have a game of chess Tuesday afternoon/evening.
    Will be at work old chap, but if you happened to be near Enfield I might be able to free up a little time. (Was just visiting Muswell Hill).
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 12:50

Not cool dude.
    You can't have their cake OR eat it.
    Too.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 14:02
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You can't have their cake OR eat it.
    Too.
    Are you only allowed to eat flat cake?
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 16:51
    Will be at work old chap, but if you happened to be near Enfield I might be able to free up a little time. (Was just visiting Muswell Hill).
    I am at Marylebone, but the sub is running to Enfield I presume? Great Northern and Victoria according to Google. It takes about an hour.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:20
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I am at Marylebone, but the sub is running to Enfield I presume? Great Northern and Victoria according to Google. It takes about an hour.
    Yeah, about an hour. Best way i think would be to get to London Liverpool street or Kings Cross and get the London overground (To Enfield Town and Enfield Chase respectively).
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:03
    Good riddance.
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Apr '17 06:25

Not cool dude.
    Problem solved.

https://g.co/kgs/tCC3ju

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree