1. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 11:18
    Originally posted by helden
    So how do you archive games won and lost? does not seem to have that facility now.
    Click on the manage games link... select the games you want and then move them to the desired folder.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 11:20
    Use the 'enhanced search' on the manage games page. Search for games you won or lost, then archive off to folder.

You will need to complete this process a number of times initially, of course.

-Russ
  3. Standard memberhelden
    Dann sind wir Helden
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 11:20
    Originally posted by Chakan
    Click on the manage games link... select the games you want and then move them to the desired folder.
    thanks.
  4. Norway
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:32
    Originally posted by Russ
    Hiding the side bar was meant to be a feature for this first release, so I will do what I can to get that in there today.
    This is the tough life of a software developer; Make some nice new features you are very satisfied with, and the only response from the customer is "How do I get rid of this?" 😉
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:34
    40 is too many. I have upped it to 30.

Edit : Page flipping does create load on the server, but lots of bursty quick requests are way better than one huge requests which could eventually timeout on the browser anyway (and therefore be all for nothing).

-Russ
    Thanks, 30 is a big improvement.

I have another idea that might take it even further and reduce wasteful requests:

Can we have the folder name in the list appear as follows:

Name (3/17)

Where 3 means there are 3 games that are waiting for your move, and 17 is the total number of games in the folder. If there are no games waiting it'll just be

Name (17)
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 12:40
    If you create a new open invite it still says

Your game has been created and is currently open to anyone to play. This game will now appear in your games below.

even though you might not be in your inbox folder. This might confuse some people.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:05
    Hiding the side bar was meant to be a feature for this first release, so I will do what I can to get that in there today.

-Russ
    Even moving it to the right of the screen would be a big improvement I think.

D
  8. Gloucestershire , UK
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:08
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Can we have the folder name in the list appear as follows:

Name ([b]3
    /17)

Where 3 means there are 3 games that are waiting for your move, and 17 is the total number of games in the folder. If there are no games waiting it'll just be

Name (17)[/b]
    this could be useful
  9. Joined
    03 May '03
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:13
    I can't get to grips wth this at all, I move the games I've won or lost to archive but they're still on my list of games. Everything seems much more hard work, it was fine as it was.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:20
    Originally posted by brenda
    I can't get to grips wth this at all, I move the games I've won or lost to archive but they're still on my list of games. Everything seems much more hard work, it was fine as it was.
    There are now folders within the "My Games" page. To get to your current games, just click on Inbox (on the left of the screen).

Don't be afraid of something new. Just give it some time to figure out, and it'll be much better, I think.

D
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 13:20
    Originally posted by brenda
    To move finished games to your archive:

1. Click 'Manage Games'.
    2. Select the checkboxes next to the games you wish to move.
    3. Have a break.
    4. Click 'Put in Folder'.
    5. In the popup box click 'Archive'.
    6. Have a KitKat.

Simple when you know how.

As for it being fine as it was you are in the minority there, the populous has been asking for new features which the new My Games page supplies in spades (but no diamonds right now).
  12. Joined
    19 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 14:05
    Nice feature.

I have created two folders, 'White' and 'Black' and put all my active games into one of these two folders. This is just for ease when setting games up on a real board.

One thing I would like to see is the number of active games displayed for each folder.
    Thus currently:

Inbox
    White
    Black

Would become:

Inbox(0)
    White(23)
    Black(31)

This would make it slightly easier to manage. Still useful as is though 😉
  13. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 14:08
    I love the new look, great work..
    So I noticed that the games actually get moved out of archives.. so the games are actually being moved.. (I know.. it sounds obvious to most, but I'm from a Domino/Lotus Notes world, where views are common).
    There isn't a way to have a game in 2 different folders is there? Is there any way to create views to sort the games, instead of folders? ie.. a formula to sort all games that I was black, another view to show all games I was white.., another view that shows all games I won, and another to show the ones I lost..
    I know filters would do this.. but this would create custom filters .. does that make any sense?
  14. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 14:251 edit
    Originally posted by MIODude
    I love the new look, great work..
    So I noticed that the games actually get moved out of archives.. so the games are actually being moved.. (I know.. it sounds obvious to most, but I'm from a Domino/Lotus Notes world, where views are common).
    There isn't a way to have a game in 2 different folders is there? Is there any way to create views to sort the ga ...[text shortened]... I know filters would do this.. but this would create custom filters .. does that make any sense?
    "Is there any way to create views to sort the games, instead of folders?"

yes, read the thread.

go to manage games > search for game > enhanced search

Why would you want to have the same game in two different folders?
  15. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 14:33
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    "Is there any way to create views to sort the games, instead of folders?"

yes, read the thread.

go to manage games > search for game > enhanced search

Why would you want to have the same game in two different folders?
    what I'm saying essentially is customized searches that you can save, and label it a view.

Its not that I want a game in multiple folders, its that I would want to have a customized view so that at a click of a button, I could list all games that was a Clan Game, that I played as Black, and I won, then, I click another button, and it Lists Tournament games, that I played as white, and lost.. then, I click another view, and it lists all games as black I lost. In folders, I would require duplication of the games,, in views, it would just create a necessary filter and display what I'm looking for, and the overlap would not be a problem ... Its like using filters, except customized filters with more enhanced searching

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree