Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 27 Oct '05 01:19
    Does the site recognize three fold repitition? I have a game that has gone beyond 3. Thanks in advance. Game 1432780.
  2. 27 Oct '05 01:43
    Don't know if it looks into the past for it, though you could have claimed it on your last move.
  3. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    27 Oct '05 02:39
    I believe it does look for it in the past.. but, you do have to claim it , its not automatic.
  4. Subscriber Wildfire
    Force of Nature
    27 Oct '05 02:59 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by MIODude
    I believe it does look for it in the past.. but, you do have to claim it , its not automatic.
    Nope, I tried to claim a draw late in the game based on the repetition that occurred earlier, but it didn't work. This game is quite shaming.

Game 1278385
  5. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    27 Oct '05 03:03
    From the FAQ:

"A draw can only be claimed along with a move that contributes to a repetition. Claiming after the repetition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move."
  6. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    27 Oct '05 05:34
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    Nope, I tried to claim a draw late in the game based on the repetition that occurred earlier, but it didn't work. This game is quite shaming.

Game 1278385
    Don't take it to hard, Palimpsest is a very tough opponent. I still don't agree with not taking the stalemate though.
  7. Subscriber Wildfire
    Force of Nature
    27 Oct '05 12:54
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Don't take it to hard, Palimpsest is a very tough opponent. I still don't agree with not taking the stalemate though.
    Palimpsest is not a difficult opponent. I had beaten him in our other clan game, and I was winning the one that is shown. See this thread to understand the game.

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=30653
  8. 28 Oct '05 09:03
    I ask myself, "does this look like a stage-managed game?" simply going for a dumb record.