Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 03 Oct '07 15:22
    I have played 5 rated games - When I click the 'info' link for each game the information shows that it was rated. Yet when I check my profile out it states that I have only played 4 rated games. Whats up?
  2. 03 Oct '07 16:02
    Originally posted by daviddenis
    I have played 5 rated games - When I click the 'info' link for each game the information shows that it was rated. Yet when I check my profile out it states that I have only played 4 rated games. Whats up?
    Game 4034367 was too short to be rated.
    One rated game more and you get your green graph.
  3. 14 Oct '07 13:41
    I just beat a guy.. My rating was 1449 before the game..After I won , my rating dropped to 1441..Why is this? Sohldier
  4. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    14 Oct '07 13:52
    Originally posted by Sohldier
    I just beat a guy.. My rating was 1449 before the game..After I won , my rating dropped to 1441..Why is this? Sohldier
    The rating moderators looked at your game, and considered that although you won, it wasn't pretty enough play to merit a rating increase. Infact, they said it was so badly lacking in finesse, that they deducted you points. Doesn't happen often - you should feel lucky.
  5. 14 Oct '07 13:53
    Originally posted by Sohldier
    I just beat a guy.. My rating was 1449 before the game..After I won , my rating dropped to 1441..Why is this? Sohldier
    If you look at your profile you can read "Ratings are provisional until 20 rated games are completed. Ratings may appear erratic until this time."
    It has to do how the ratings are calculated until you've mad your 20th rated game.
    How ratings are calculated is explained in the FAQ.
  6. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    14 Oct '07 13:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you look at your profile you can read "Ratings are provisional until 20 rated games are completed. Ratings may appear erratic until this time."
    It has to do how the ratings are calculated until you've mad your 20th rated game.
    How ratings are calculated is explained in the FAQ.
    I liked my answer better.
  7. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    14 Oct '07 13:58
    Originally posted by Sohldier
    I just beat a guy.. My rating was 1449 before the game..After I won , my rating dropped to 1441..Why is this? Sohldier
    FAQ
  8. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    14 Oct '07 14:04
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    FAQ
    It doesn't mention the rating moderators... so it must be wrong
  9. 14 Oct '07 14:05
    Originally posted by rhb
    I liked my answer better.
    I'm sure that Sohldier doesn't.

    It was not a bit helpful for him. In fact it was quite rude.
    Newcomers are sometimes lost and need a bit friendlyness in order, not only became a member but also, to stay as a member.
  10. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    14 Oct '07 14:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I'm sure that Sohldier doesn't.

    It was not a bit helpful for him. In fact it was quite rude.
    Newcomers are sometimes lost and need a bit friendlyness in order, not only became a member but also, to stay as a member.
    I bet he/she got more of a sense of humour than you seem to have
  11. 14 Oct '07 14:32
    Originally posted by rhb
    I bet he/she got more of a sense of humour than you seem to have
    Sure, do you?

    He had a question, did he get an friendly answer from you?

    This is my point: Be friendly to newcomers, answer their questions, be helpful.
    Over and out.
  12. 14 Oct '07 14:41
    That's about as bogus as it gets..When you win, youwin... Anywhere in the world your rating will NEVER drop because of a win..So peddle that rhetoric to somebody else and don't insult a chess player's intelligence. Sohldier
  13. 14 Oct '07 14:44
    Originally posted by Sohldier
    That's about as bogus as it gets..When you win, youwin... Anywhere in the world your rating will NEVER drop because of a win..So peddle that rhetoric to somebody else and don't insult a chess player's intelligence. Sohldier
    The reason the calculations of the rating may seem erratic in the beginning is to bring your rating up (or down) to its real value as quick as poosible. Rating should reflect your skill.

    When you're not an provisional player anymore, then the rating is as clean as you expect it to be, believe me.

    Check the FAQ and read all about it.
  14. 14 Oct '07 17:32
    ok..thank you for the info.. i read it and understand it... Sohldier
  15. Subscriber Whiteknuckle
    High Priest–Low Cult
    14 Oct '07 18:31
    Now you know...why I subscribed.
    whtnukle