advice please

Standard membercarjam
Help 14 Aug '13 20:03
  1. Chalk Village
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 20:03
    If two players leave RHP and leave a clan game unfinished, what happens next. In the case of the game i am looking at it is (or soon will be) preventing a result. Will the game eventually time out or will it stay there unfinished forever and ever. Any advice appreciated

This is the game

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=10055830

What should I do anybody..
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 20:28
    Originally posted by carjam
    If two players leave RHP and leave a clan game unfinished, what happens next. In the case of the game i am looking at it is (or soon will be) preventing a result. Will the game eventually time out or will it stay there unfinished forever and ever. Any advice appreciated

This is the game

If clan games do not time out automatically, you may need to send a feedback to admin and see if they can end the game.
  3. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 22:39
    last time i had this happen i emailed admin and they sorted it out
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 01:20

This is the game

I lost the plot some time ago with regard to clan challenges and the points system ( where's Dave 'Venda' when you need him 🙂 ), but certainly your clan has won that overall challenge by a 'good margin'...given that fact, and the number of moves made in each game, can you not claim the one game and just delete the other, or does this affect clan stats permanently ?

Just an idle observation, but looking at the player 'match up' it could be described as very 'cheeky', overall...it's a shame your opponent disappears so often as he'd be a good scalp to take when he's playing at his 'more appropriate rate' 😉 ...
    Game 10055830
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 07:35
    The good old days before the game would have a certain amount of time if both dont move in the day frame then it becomes a draw,but it been a while now so maybe admin feedback is the way forward.
  6. Chalk Village
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 07:47
    OK, Thanks for your help. Once all the other games are complete I will contact Admin.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 11:34
    OK, Thanks for your help. Once all the other games are complete I will contact Admin.
    It's probably better to just send it now.
    Sometimes there is a response time problem. 🙂
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 12:55
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I lost the plot some time ago with regard to clan challenges and the points system ( where's Dave 'Venda' when you need him 🙂 ), but certainly your clan has won that overall challenge by a 'good margin'...given that fact, and the number of moves made in each game, can you not claim the one game and just delete the other, or does this affect clan stats p ...[text shortened]... take when he's playing at his 'more appropriate rate' 😉 ...
    Game 10055830
    Nice to be missed Dean, but what do you need me for?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 13:03

This is the game

it will do it automatically within 60 days thats whats happened in the past with some of my members
  10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 11:23
    Originally posted by venda
    Nice to be missed Dean, but what do you need me for?
    Hi Dave 🙂 I was just wondering if you can actually delete clan challenges...if someone disappears and you're sat with a game that is 3moves or less....you cannot claim a win because too few moves, but what happens to these games within the whole challenge system...do they just sit there forever as the OP wondered ?
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 13:37
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Hi Dave 🙂 I was just wondering if you can actually delete clan challenges...if someone disappears and you're sat with a game that is 3moves or less....you cannot claim a win because too few moves, but what happens to these games within the whole challenge system...do they just sit there forever as the OP wondered ?
    You can't delete a clan challenge once it has started.
    However, clan games "timeout" in the normal way regardless of the 3 moves or if the non moving players is leaving the clan.
    I don't know what you mean by an opponent "disappearing".
    The only way (as far as I know) for a player to disappear from the site as opposed to just stopping playing is if the admins remove them.
    If they do so, I would expect them to check on the outstanding games first and award the game(s) to the opponent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree