1. Joined
    15 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 22:46
    Does my opponent have to mate me within a certain amount of moves after I'm only down to my King? If not, is it a draw?
  2. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 22:59
    It's a bit unfair if you claim a draw, you'll never get check mate with just your king. You'll need to be a bit more specific on what pieces your opponent has left
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '06 23:32
    I just have my king. He has Queen and several pawns (and of course his king)
  4. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    02 Nov '06 00:35
    If your opponent has a pulse he will (at the very least) move his pawn(s) down and get more queens and mate you. This is nowhere near a draw situation. This is a situation where you may want to resign.
  5. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    02 Nov '06 00:39
    From FAQs:

A draw can be claimed without any interaction from your opponent under a number of conditions. These are as follows:

No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by either player during their next move.

Insufficient material remains on the board to finish the game. If only two kings remain then either player may claim a draw during their next move.

Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must be identical with regards to en passant and castling availability. A draw can only be claimed along with a move that contributes to a repetition. Claiming after the repetition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Nov '06 10:39
    Originally posted by impatient
    If your opponent has a pulse he will (at the very least) move his pawn(s) down and get more queens and mate you. This is nowhere near a draw situation. This is a situation where you may want to resign.
    Thanks for the comments on an in progress game.
  7. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Thanks for the comments on an in progress game.
    Are you saying that it was some secret that a player can move pawns across and redeem? Or that opponent may not realize it? Please.

Or that my comments had any actual chance of changing the outcome? He only had a king left. This game was decided. Over.

Maybe you were kidding.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 23:01
    Are you saying that it was some secret that a player can move pawns across and redeem? Or that opponent may not realize it? Please.

Or that my comments had any actual chance of changing the outcome? He only had a king left. This game was decided. Over.
    No comments on in progress games!

Blanket rule. No exceptions.

D
  9. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 19:06
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    No comments on in progress games!

Blanket rule. No exceptions.

D
    Thanks mom.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 20:34
    Thanks mom.
    If you've nothing helpful to say (so long as it's not giving advice on an in progress game), then please say nothing at all.

Your mom says "Little boys should be seen and not heard".

D
  11. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 19:59
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    If you've nothing helpful to say (so long as it's not giving advice on an in progress game), then please say nothing at all.

Your mom says "Little boys should be seen and not heard".

D
    Your mom says: "WOW"
  12. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 20:12
    Originally posted by Sweettuff
    I just have my king. He has Queen and several pawns (and of course his king)
    If you want to see how your opponent will win the game (it could be you in another game) then I wouldn't resign, no one can make you. It could be a good learning experience.

However if you just want the pain to go away, I'd topple my king!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree