1. Joined
    16 Jan '10
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 00:17
    Has anyone every made the suggestion to have the "Reset all" function enhanced to remember all moves played?

That would allow one to reset to the beginning of a sequence of moves without having to click on 'previous position' all the way back to the start.

So the way it would work for example is, you play 10 moves, then want to go back to your first move. So you click 'reset all' and then start clicking 'next position'.

If one clicked 'Reset all' and then played a move instead of 'next position' only then would the history be erased.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by Ron Viebke
    Has anyone every made the suggestion to have the "Reset all" function enhanced to remember all moves played?

That would allow one to reset to the beginning of a sequence of moves without having to click on 'previous position' all the way back to the start.

So the way it would work for example is, you play 10 moves, then want to go back to your first then played a move instead of 'next position' only then would the history be erased.
    Check this out my friend. Make your moves as you will.

Now click the arrow for Start position " |< "
    (sets to "start position" rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1)

Click for End position " >| "

Now you can work on a second idea, and the first idea still exists.

The two ideas are split by the starting position of chess. You can work on a third, fourth and fifth idea, all ideas split by start position.

That's how I've been doing it.

P-
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '10
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 03:30
    Thanks for that idea! I will play around with it and see how it works.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree