1. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    23 May '11 02:56
    Starting about three weeks ago the analysis board, at least on my PC, became way too sensitive, i.e., double clicks when I haven't done them, presenting choice of new piece when I haven't asked for it, etc. Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    23 May '11 17:09
    Nothing here. Try a different mouse or change the settings for mouse sensitivity?
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 May '11 17:49
    Originally posted by mathemos
    Starting about three weeks ago the analysis board, at least on my PC, became way too sensitive, i.e., double clicks when I haven't done them, presenting choice of new piece when I haven't asked for it, etc. Has anyone else noticed this?
    A couple of thoughts worthy of a quick mention. Are you using wireless mouse and keyboard ? I say this as if my 'dongle thing that makes these connections between pc' drops down the back of my desk here, it pretty much performs as you've indicated..
    Malware is another possible disruption, just enough to over sensitise the pc...akin to your pc having what amounts to a touch of anxiety, a case of it communicating 'hmmm, something's not quite right here but I'll function as best I can' lol.. but it really can happen..
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 May '11 16:161 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    A couple of thoughts worthy of a quick mention. Are you using wireless mouse and keyboard ? I say this as if my 'dongle thing that makes these connections between pc' drops down the back of my desk here, it pretty much performs as you've indicated..
    Malware is another possible disruption, just enough to over sensitise the pc...akin to your pc having wha 's not quite right here but I'll function as best I can' lol.. but it really can happen..
    Touch pad mouses on lap tops are very sensitive.
    And while looking for moves to make in grames I've had my lap top submit moves that I didn't want to make. I always hook up a regular mouse now when using my lap top, and I go straight to the analyze board tool when trying to decide my next moves. That has fixed my problem.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 May '11 17:01
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Touch pad mouses on lap tops are very sensitive.
    And while looking for moves to make in grames I've had my lap top submit moves that I didn't want to make. I always hook up a regular mouse now when using my lap top, and I go straight to the analyze board tool when trying to decide my next moves. That has fixed my problem.
    i've lost a lot of hands of poker because of my netbook touch-pad...
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 May '11 17:09
    Originally posted by trev33
    i've lost a lot of hands of poker because of my netbook touch-pad...
    Hopefully not for money! 😲😲
  7. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    27 May '11 04:51
    I have a wired mouse.

With no changes to mouse, etc. the sensitivity has gone away, at least for now.
  8. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 09:17
    It was a problem with my left mouse button: it needs cleaning, or the mouse needs to be replaced. I determined this was the problem by switching the effect of the two buttons in the Windows Control Panel.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree