1. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 17:25
    But what about that wording/disclosure from the tournament entry that is quoted above? that makes it sound like vacation will not be honored, but seems like everyone is saying the vacation will be honored??
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 17:392 edits
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    No not at all, I was playing in a NO time bank game and a one day per move, that is the tournament I lost 22 games in! So no it is not acceptable as it stands right now IMO.

@ Dr Strangelove:

Would you be happy if players were immune from timeout while on vacation for a limited period (e.g 4 weeks per year)

I voted yes, because I want immunity from ...[text shortened]... t immune from being timed out and I want to be, sorry if I am being dense and missing something.
    My new poll is:

Would you be happy if the vacation system was improved?

Yes

No

edit:

Don't know/don't care.....1
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 17:391 edit
    Well I really dont know, the site FAQ is frankly useless on the subject, I definitely got back on the 17th, it is possible I did not check until the next day I suppose so in theory although I got back on the 17th if I didnt move on that eve (which I cant remember) then at midnight they wouldve all timed out, that is fair enough as it was my fault.

I suppose that answers my question, I just checked and they did timeout on the 18th meaning I mustve not checked until the morning after I got back and of course because there was no time bank, it was instant lose for me.
    Thanks all, it seems it was my fault/misunderstanding all along

@Dr Strangelove, You must be looking at a different poll then.
  4. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 17:56
    By the way, I would agree that the wording on the tournament signup could be a bit better. e.g., it says all tournament games will be rated, but actually that's not true because games with less than 3 moves will not be rated. That allows for the possibility of early resignation from a round, which is a feature a lot of people seem to support, but something you probably wouldn't realize was possible (without rating loss) as a new user.
  5. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 18:01
    To quote Russ in his first post in thread Thread 63417

It should be noted that ‘timebank’ will continue to deplete during a vacation. This has consequences for those few tournaments where the only time control is 'timebank'.

These "consequences" for 0/N tournaments are severe, in fact, because if your timeback runs out during your vacation you will lose the games as soon as your vacation flag is gone. Not good.

But, for all other tournaments, I much prefer the new system.

Under the old system I could only enter 21/21 tournaments because I could not predict how long a round would last or when a new round would start, and my family take a 14-day holiday each August. These tournaments will take another two or three years to finish.

Under the new system I can enter 3/7 or 7/0 tournaments and be confident that the family holiday will not lose me any games. The new system works very well for me.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 20:30
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Hi

I posted a while back about being on vacation yet still losing 22 games that timed out.
    I also sent feedback and got no response at all from the site admin.

Could someone please tell me for sure if I lost all those games because the tournament I was in had no time bank? I had definitely booked the vacation right as an opponent confirmed he saw the ...[text shortened]... ease help if you can, are no time out games exempt from the vacation flag?

Thanks.

Pigface
    Personally, I think you did something wrong, and I don't believe that the system auto-TOs people on vacation.

As Russ stated in the thread introducing the new vacation sytem, it simply provides immunity from TO for a limited number of days.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree