Any ideas?

Standard memberMathurine
Help 20 Jul '07 17:00
  1. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 17:00
    Although I'm playing six games, my stats page shows only 5 games in progress. This morning, my rating was 1899. I have just drawn a game, and my rating has dropped to 1881.

What's up?
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 18:393 edits
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    Although I'm playing six games, my stats page shows only 5 games in progress. This morning, my rating was 1899. I have just drawn a game, and my rating has dropped to 1881.

What's up?
    If you drawed with a player who has a rating lower than yours you lose points and they gain. The more difference in rating, the more points. I have lost more points on some draws than some loses before.

As far as your games in progress I don't have much idea. I just checked your games and you do have six in progress, and your stats page does say 5. Either seed feedback at the bottom of the page explaining the problem, or wait for someone who knows more about the RHP system to answer and see what they say.
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 18:52

What's up?
    You should have only lost 8 (I think) points for that draw - the ratings graph shows that you were on 1890 at this point though?

Seems odd about the number of games though - and the six you have are all fairly well developed - did you have seven games this morning, or do you play very fast?

I'd do the 'send feedback' thing to get this sorted.
  4. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 20:38
    Thanks for your suggestions, guys - feedback sent.

Rating yesterday 1880
    Beat Black Sabbath... 1899
    Drew Samsdad ... 1881

😕
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 23:21
    Thanks for your suggestions, guys - feedback sent.

Rating yesterday 1880
    Drew Samsdad ... 1881

😕
    It's a number in a database, for which you're not contributing financially. You'll get over it... 😉😛
  6. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 07:303 edits
    Originally posted by rhb
    It's a number in a database, for which you're not contributing financially. You'll get over it... 😉😛
    Touché, rhb!!! *tugs meekly at forelock*

I don't really give a Russian duck about the "rating" (which goes up and down like a fiddler's elbow, anyway (and is as closely related to my OTB rating as is Winston Churchill to Mahatma "Bapu" Gandhi)) but rather the "number of games in progress" (which is patently awry.) If there be a bug here somewhere, perhaps it's affecting some other users, too. Following others' helpful suggestion I have sent "feedback."

M

(3 edits! Only just woken up & fingers not yet functioning.)
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 15:29
    [b]Touché, rhb!!! *tugs meekly at forelock*

I don't really give a Russian duck about the "rating" (which goes up and down like a fiddler's elbow, anyway (and is as closely related to my OTB rating as is Winston Churchill to Mahatma "Bapu" Gandhi)) but rather the "number of games in progress" (which is patently awry.) If there be a bug her ...[text shortened]... feedback."

M

(3 edits! Only just woken up & fingers not yet functioning.)[/b]
    You should've made that clear in your first post then.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 15:41
    Originally posted by rhb
    You should've made that clear in your first post then.
    It was pretty obvious. Do we have to add "I wouldn't bother, but this may be a bug that also affects other users, so I thought I'd better bring it up" every time we report a bug now?
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 18:031 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It was pretty obvious. Do we have to add "I wouldn't bother, but this may be a bug that also affects other users, so I thought I'd better bring it up" every time we report a bug now?
    If I may edit the quoted text responsibly,

Issue 1) Although I'm playing six games, my stats page shows only 5 games in progress.

Issue 2) This morning, my rating was 1899. I have just drawn a game, and my rating has dropped to 1881.

What's up?

_______
    At what point in the above post does Mathurine make it "pretty obvious" that xe doesn't give a Russian Duck about the rating?

Rating yesterday 1880
    Drew Samsdad ... 1881

😕

It'd be nice if all users would add that text in future though, seeing as you kindly drafted it. I reserve the right not to. 😛
  10. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 18:48
    Originally posted by rhb
    At what point in the above post does Mathurine make it "pretty obvious" that xe doesn't give a Russian Duck about the rating?
    What's pretty obvious is that it's an issue that may affect other users, so worth bringing up. I don't give a Russian Duck about her feelings about her rating.
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 23:042 edits
    YouTube&mode=related&search=

😛
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 01:20
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What's pretty obvious is that it's an issue that may affect other users, so worth bringing up. I don't give a Russian Duck about her feelings about her rating.
    What's pretty obvious is that it's an issue. All issues may affect other users.

It's still clear that user xe (she?) was bitching about xer (her?) rating being affected too much by a draw. I do give a Russian Duck about xer (her?) feelings about xer (her?) rating, as I feel the pain of everyone, then I feel nothing (Dsr Jr).
  13. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:361 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    I feel the pain of everyone, then I feel nothing (Dsr Jr).
    Thanks for your sensitivity, then.

Russ has fixed the little bug in question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree